Setting destination

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy

I mainly set satnav destinations on Googlemaps & send them as messages to the car - which works fine.

I have also set destinations using the Idrive selector wheel a few time without problems.

Today, however, I had a problem. Every time I pressed for "Select new destination" - it reverted to the last destination used. It's not possible to override this with the selector wheel - because it only allows the first letter of the previous address.

After about 10 attempts it finally started with a blank page & let me input the new town name.

Any one else had this - or am I doing something stupid?

My dealer said one of the latest s/w updates pertained to the nav system, but did not indicate what it actually changes. But, if you see part of the name still in the input area, you'd need to use the backspace to clear it before you could get it to recognized.

Speaking of setting a destination, how do you save a destination so you can quickly pull it up in the car without having to manually enter it in every time. I see where there is an option to navigate to a saved destination, but where do you enter in these saved destinations?

vm

I haven't figured that out either.

I set them as active destinations and stop guidance - that way they're stored as "previous destinations".

I find the Idrive input a bit fiddly to use anyway - so I set most of my destinations in advance on Googlempas and send them to the car as messages. It's very quick & simple.

Back