Solar Orange i3 in Natural Light

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parker

Its the colour we've probably seen most of ...... but colours do look different in different lights.
The light in the UK is quite a grey light, not like the Mediterranean ...... or Texas for that matter, so I think its interesting to see what the different colours look like out in different countries.

Whilst these photos appear on an Italian web site all the registration plates are German so I think we can assume these were taken in Germany somewhere.

4f0bc.jpg

http://www.autopareri.com/forum/concept-anteprime/62045-bmw-i3-foto-ufficiali-20.html

Parker said:
Its the colour we've probably seen most of ...... but colours do look different in different lights.
Yes, some of the photos can make this colour look very good indeed (like the BMW marketing photo with it under an arch next to some water) but then in brighter light it can look very different. The worst I've seen it is in the WhatCar i3 customer video but that's a very artificial lighting environment though so should probably be ignored.

Personally, I consider Solar Orange too much of a 'look at me' colour so I'm sticking with a dark grey which is disappointing as realisation has hit home that I've become a boring old fart !

Back