Some A&*! scratched up my back bumper

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

possen

So angry...I have had the car about a month and some idiot scraped off the paint on back bumper already! I almost want to replace it. Anyone know how hard and how expensive it is? Could touch it up but still going to bother me. I wish that I had the backup camera and that it took pictures after detecting something like this so I could file an insurance claim against them.

possen said:
So angry...I have had the car about a month and some idiot scraped off the paint on back bumper already! I almost want to replace it. Anyone know how hard and how expensive it is? Could touch it up but still going to bother me. I wish that I had the backup camera and that it took pictures after detecting something like this so I could file an insurance claim against them.

Sorry to hear! Don't have any useful information but just wanted to extend sympathies, I can relate to how aggravating it is to have your car damaged because someone just wasn't paying attention.

It's painful, isn't it?

I had some dimwit run into the back of the i3 when we were stopped in traffic. I suspect the driver was messing about on her phone because she was travelling too fast for the conditions and braked late. (I saw her coming in the rearview mirror, but I had nowhere to go)

Anyway, there was a solid whack in the rear of the car. The only apparent damage was a small piece of paint scratched off the back bumper. I was concerned about unseen damage, so I dropped my 2 passengers off and took the car for a check at the dealer. Thankfully, nothing major. The replacement bumper was ordered and will be painted and installed next week. AU$2200 (US$1600)

From what I have heard, there is some messing around aligning replacement panels on the i3.

Back