Standard Black Interior

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parker

Now we've seen how great the non-metallic (zero cost option) Arravani Grey looks in natural light does anyone have any real pictures of the standard Black Cloth interior?

The very first spy shots of an interior were of the standard cloth one, although I'm not sure it was actually Black - it maybe a second as yet unannounced Grey colour.

http://www.autokarma.de/hautnah/erw...ent/bmw-i3-erlkoenig-leipzig-hautnah_innen_1/

But apart from that everything I've seen I'm sure is computer generated as per these two links......

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?....1073741859.148967578464290&type=3&permPage=1

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?....1073741859.148967578464290&type=3&permPage=1

Has anybody seen or seen photos of a real Standard interior?

I haven't managed to find any photos but one minor comment about the standard cloth interior is that in the brochure for Neutronic Cloth Upholstery it states "Available in: Aragats Grey / Black" which I wasn't sure if that meant there was a choice of colours or not.

When I placed my order this morning there wasn't any sub-option to choose what colour cloth and on the order form it is just described as

BHGI : Neutronic cloth upholstery, Aragats Grey

Plug said:
When I placed my order this morning there wasn't any sub-option to choose what colour cloth and on the order form it is just described as

BHGI : Neutronic cloth upholstery, Aragats Grey

Which may mean the interior looks like the original spy shot (Grey) and not like the configurator (Black)

Hello Steven,

Great find...... and it looks good ...... and TBH it looks Grey to me (like the 1st interior spyshot) not Black at all, as per configurator. This is going to be interesting.

Thanks

So base model has no wood on dash?

Lower (dark) door trim looks like black/grey expanded polystyrene?

Will have to see in the flesh...

ecoangel said:
So base model has no wood on dash?

Lower (dark) door trim looks like black/grey expanded polystyrene?

Will have to see in the flesh...

The bulk of the interior is made of a recycled material - which TBH doesn't look that premium to my eyes BUT its light and ........ recycled.

The base car doesn't have wood .... which I think is actually quite befitting for a Carbon Fibre and Aluminium car in the 21st Century - having said that you can't see from the photos what's there instead - I had hoped it would be brushed Aluminium .... but it doesn't look like it is.

Lets wait and see.

Surprisingly .........so far, from the photos, its my favourite interior.
It just seems to go with the character of the i3 IMO

Hi Guys,

it should be, in parallel with the Loft interior we saw at the Dutch intro, a sort of relatively rigid, texured plasic. I couldn't see if it was painted or colored through. The color for Atelier is supposed to be a sort of greyish beige. This is hard to determine from these photographs because of the photographers' struggle to get all the blacks right under the very bright stage-lights. This is nearly impossible, but he did manage it quite good. Nevertheless: photo's with lots of white or lots of black are difficult to level.

Alu would have been nice but terrible scratch-prone I guess.

Steven

PS: it is my favourite interior as well, as it should be.......... ;)

"The base car doesn't have wood .... which I think is actually quite befitting for a Carbon Fibre and Aluminium car in the 21st Century - having said that you can't see from the photos what's there instead - I had hoped it would be brushed Aluminium .... but it doesn't look like it is. "

Good call Parker!

But surely Plywood is a composite material !

Whilst I like the idea, brushed ally would not be so good driving into sun!

I like the lower actual cost of the standard interior but not so sure of the blue side stripes - these will likely discolour with use.

Given that Solar Orange paint means no blue side stripe outside - does this mean Std interior still has blue stripe?

Or can we order it with orange or silver or no stripe!

ecoangel said:
Given that Solar Orange paint means no blue side stripe outside - does this mean Std interior still has blue stripe?

Or can we order it with orange or silver or no stripe!

You can't order Solar Orange if you choose the Standard interior .... BMW know it doesn't look good with blue......

Plus Solar orange paint at £530

Loft not my favorite interior - maybe Recaro will come up with something!

These are 7kg each but even race shell version costs £600+!

http://www.motor-talk.de/bilder/recaro-pole-position-im-signum-g8899635/recaro-pole-position-abe-2-i203074131.html

Back