The "whoop-whoop" is making me crazy!

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WoodlandHills said:
I33t said:
They wouldn't even swap a set of 19's off a demo for a day?

Doesn't sound like a customer focussed dealer.

Talk to BMW direct.

According to my dealer this order was from BMWNA directly......

Really? And you accept that? That wouldn't pass the pinch test for me.

So how about the tyre wear mentioned in the PUMA case?

Have you spoken to BMW NA yet?

When I pick the car up later today I am going to insist on a PUMA case being opened for the new low speed rumble sounds. With that and the PUMA number from my first visit, I assume that one was opened (but knowing this dealer probably not), I will call BMWNA direct. I also intend to get the name of the engineer that the Service Manager claims he spoke with and try to contact home directly too.
I had joined the Facebook group via my wife's account and was surprised to find so many dealers are exchanging tires. It was also claimed that Bridgestone announced that there were defective tires on the i3 back in June which is maddening since I currently have an active claim against them for this exact reason!
This whole i3 experience has left a very bad taste in my mouth as far as BMW the company goes....... Irregardless of the merits of any future BMW EV I will never buy one, nor any other BMW product.

I can understand the frustration, but as you have just identified, the problem exists, and has been resolved in many cases with tyre replacement.

The issue with a lack of action looks like your dealer, not BMW.

I agree that the dealers are the face of BMW for anyone who buys one, but we know that there has always been variability in dealer service. BMW NA should be informed of the lack of service quality.

I33t said:
The issue with a lack of action looks like your dealer, not BMW.
Actually it is BMW, although the local dealer may not be helping as much as they could. Even contacting BMWNA directly results in inconsistent answers on this, despite the evidence provided by owners in the FB group who've had replacements.

If only I could find an EV manufacturer that was not hostage to the dealer system, one that would deal with me directly with no gatekeepers. If I could find a company like that I would never leave them......

WoodlandHills said:
If only I could find an EV manufacturer that was not hostage to the dealer system, one that would deal with me directly with no gatekeepers. If I could find a company like that I would never leave them......

Tesla! :)

The car is at the dealer for another night. They were just going to wave the September 2014 technical service order that says the noise is "normal" when I exploded. The upshot is that they agreed to open a PUMA case on this again, but only after prolonged shouting and arm waving. The shop foreman claims he knows of a way around the sept 2014 orders ban on attempts to fix this and he asked for more time to try to get approval from BMWNA. Why they refuse to call any of the other western dealers who are replacing tires to find out how they are doing it they could not say. Anyway I drove the rental home for another night as they pretend to try to do something.

Honestly, it should not be so hard! The really funny thing is that the owner of this franchise is my neighbor: we are in the same HOA. Perhaps I should go knock on his door and ask him what the hell is going on? Or maybe call the six o'clock news and have them film me protesting with my car in front of his house?

The really sad thing is that the rental Ford Fusion is a better car than the i3 has been so far. At least it sure is a lot quieter! It steers better too.......

WoodlandHills said:

Ok you mean Tesla right?

WoodlandHills said:
The car is at the dealer for another night. They were just going to wave the September 2014 technical service order that says the noise is "normal" when I exploded. The upshot is that they agreed to open a PUMA case on this again, but only after prolonged shouting and arm waving. The shop foreman claims he knows of a way around the sept 2014 orders ban on attempts to fix this and he asked for more time to try to get approval from BMWNA. Why they refuse to call any of the other western dealers who are replacing tires to find out how they are doing it they could not say. Anyway I drove the rental home for another night as they pretend to try to do something.

Honestly, it should not be so hard! The really funny thing is that the owner of this franchise is my neighbor: we are in the same HOA. Perhaps I should go knock on his door and ask him what the hell is going on? Or maybe call the six o'clock news and have them film me protesting with my car in front of his house?

The really sad thing is that the rental Ford Fusion is a better car than the i3 has been so far. At least it sure is a lot quieter! It steers better too.......

Looks like you've found the roadblock: your dealer. Agree you shouldn't have to make such a scene to get action.

Back