Thinking of getting a 2017 REx..total milage

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark25810

Hi there currently i have a fiat 500e on lease which ends in feb time here in the UJ it has been a great car.

I am thinking of getting a used I3 as i have seen some with 30k miles on the clock going for £13k

I was wondering how the Rex works and how many miles can you fully go on a full charge and if the petrol part i topped to being full...i know it does not run off the petrol side.

I travel to work 35 miles a day that is there and back qnd do not travel far outside of work maybe to local shops or to town which is 12 mile there and same back maybe 2 times a month

I have a 2017 BEV. On Battery alone I get 120 miles in warm weather and maybe 80 in cold.
If you can charge at home you may not even need the REX.

Mark25810 said:
Hi there currently i have a fiat 500e on lease which ends in feb time here in the UJ it has been a great car.

I am thinking of getting a used I3 as i have seen some with 30k miles on the clock going for £13k

I was wondering how the Rex works and how many miles can you fully go on a full charge and if the petrol part i topped to being full...i know it does not run off the petrol side.

I travel to work 35 miles a day that is there and back qnd do not travel far outside of work maybe to local shops or to town which is 12 mile there and same back maybe 2 times a month

Mark - a 2017 with 30k miles for $13~ sounds like a great deal if the mechanics are sound.

On a 2016 If you're able to recode the Rex and gas tank limitation, the estimated combination of a full charge (78 miles) and full tank (60 miles) gives me around 140 miles total. This is on the 60ah battery, so the 2017 with a upgraded battery will give you even better battery range. So I'd safely say closer to 190 miles on full charge and battery.

Sorry. I hate to annoy everyone. I want to post a new topic on a bad "SPLINED TORSION SHAFT." I don't know how to start a new topic, only send PMs and respond to existing topics. :(

devilmascot said:
Sorry. I hate to annoy everyone. I want to post a new topic on a bad "SPLINED TORSION SHAFT." I don't know how to start a new topic, only send PMs and respond to existing topics. :(
Go to the board index by either clicking on the "My BMW i3" text near the top of the page or on "Board Index" in the path text on the right edge of the page near the top. The choose the appropriate sub-forum for your post and click "New Topic" near the top of the page.

Back