Time from start of production until delivery in USA

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WaffleHouse

My launch edition (Tera) i3 Rex started production last week (# 06085XX). Very excited! Based on other i3's delivered in the USA in the last few weeks (REX EPA holdup issue not withstanding), when should I expect the production to complete, and the delivery in California? Thanks!

Here is a good reference regarding process times:
http://www.bmwblog.com/2014/04/23/track-bmw-i3-order-delivery/

I just called the BMW Concierge number and my i3 REx just went into production yesterday (5/21) morning!

I was told 3.5 weeks delivered to the dealer in NJ once production ends in Germany. Sounds long - and to CA it will be longer, I think.

So, my production # being 07276XX means they have to make over 19 thousand to get to me, so at 100/day and three months to finish and get it to me, that comes to January of next year . Oh, well.

notforlawn said:
So, my production # being 07276XX means they have to make over 19 thousand to get to me, so at 100/day and three months to finish and get it to me, that comes to January of next year . Oh, well.

So is it supposed to be a 2014 model?
I would expect the model year to be changing to 2015 in the fall possibly?

Mike74jcw.....is your production number also in the 06085XX range? This might be long wait. If I see some i3's driving around locally, my new electric car obsession will get re-ramped up. Mike, you will have a fleet of them.

My production number is 06025XX. The car started production last Wednesday - should be done later this week or early next and get ready for transport to the States.

Hooray...my production started today 5/29. Mega range extender, iconic silver with a dc fast charger. Apparently, as my production # is 7276XX, the numbers are not wholly sequential and it's anybodies guess when a given production might start. I had placed my order April 16, two days after a test drive. :D

I'll recap the experiences for my i3

- Oct 2013 : Got on 'the list'
- Late Jan/Early Feb : Order Entered
- April 14: Production starts
- April 29 : Production ends
- May 23(!!!) : Car loaded onto a boat for what BMW says is a 28 day average trip to Washington State, US
- Estimate June 20 : Car arrives in local port

notforlawn said:
Hooray...my production started today 5/29. Mega range extender, iconic silver with a dc fast charger. Apparently, as my production # is 7276XX, the numbers are not wholly sequential and it's anybodies guess when a given production might start. I had placed my order April 16, two days after a test drive. :D

Yep, the prod numbers are not sequential or fi/fo. I ordered in March, got the prod # April 13 and just went into prod on June 11. Here's my build
i3_in_Production.png

Here we go . . . excited!

Update for the record: My i3 BEV (tera, DCFC, HK sound as "extras) is out of production today and ready to ship! So that make 24 calendar days of production. Might be 22 or 23 since the website lags a bit. So three work week production time.

Back