Today might be the day - things to check before signing?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spinball

Might be leasing an i3 today from a dealer 100 mi away (best price).

What things should I check before signing? Apparently I can't check software version without dumping to a USB drive and connecting it to a laptop, so that's out.

What about service bulletins like the KLE replacement? Are these listed anywhere?

Anything else to be aware of?

Assuming I would have to schedule these things, do I just call up the local dealer and ask them to run my VIN for service bulletins then make an appointment if any have yet to be done?

Thanks!

Any dealer will service your car and provide updates. Just relax, forget about checking all those things......you're going to buy the car anyway if you love it. You can deal with the other things later.

Before you sign to accept, test drive the actual vehicle that you will be leasing. If it makes any strange spaceship or phaser noises while making gentle turns at 25-35 (whooping), be aware that you will have to live with it for the duration of your lease. Not very many i3s have this, but it would be a bummer if one was yours.

Thanks--Already got the vehicle yesterday but I did drive it before hand with the windows down specifically listening for this problem. Thankfully, haven't heard it yet. I do have the 20" wheels.

It was produced on 12/2014, delivered 2/2014.

spinball said:
Thanks--Already got the vehicle yesterday but I did drive it before hand with the windows down specifically listening for this problem. Thankfully, haven't heard it yet. I do have the 20" wheels.

It was produced on 12/2014, delivered 2/2014.

A 12/14 build won't have the noise. Congrats!

i3atl said:
A 12/14 build won't have the noise. Congrats!

Thanks. Nice, one less thing to worry about! :lol:

The response of my coworkers is amusing. It ranges from complete to bewilderment to "Wow! Awesome!"

I am considering a car which is produced in 06/14 and has 62 miles on it. What all should I do before I proceed further. This car is out of state and I can' test drive

There should be no issues if it has 19" wheels. If it has the 20" wheel option, then it may make "whoop whoop" noises that several people here have complained about. Bridgestone apparently fixed the issue in later runs of the Ecopia EP500 tires, but people with the affected tires have had a hell of a time getting BMW to admit to a problem.

Any thing else to look for 6/2014 car? It's a year old sitting in the lot etc.. and has few miles on it.

Just test drive for the whoop whoop, it's the only thing that cannot be fixed under warranty since BMW seems to be stumped by it.

Back