Turning off BMW i3 charging as conflicting with OHME charger timings

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NeilC

Hi guys

just bought my first i3....love itšŸ˜Š. Have had an OHME charger installed, and have linked my car-I want to arrange all charging through the OHME app, and have been advised to turn off all of the car charging settings so they don't conflict. Can anyone please tell me how to turn the car charger settings off?

Thanks
Neil

Hello NeilC, welcome to the forum and congratulations on getting your new i3!

Apologies if you've had other EVs before and are aware of the following, but just to add on a bit here:

The box that sits on your wall and delivers 120V / 240V to the car is technically referred to as an EVSE (Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment). That box (even yours from Ohme) isn't much more than a time-aware & wifi-enabled power switch.

The real "charger" is in your i3 which uses one (or two) KLE modules to convert your mains AC into the DC power that's suitable to charge your i3.

frictioncircle said:
The real "charger" is in your i3 which uses one (or two) KLE modules to convert your mains AC into the DC power that's suitable to charge your i3.
To clarify even further, one 3.7 kW on-board charger is in the EME, the electric machine electronics. If a second 3.7 kW on-board charger is specified (this is standard on all U.S. i3's), it is the KLE, convenience loading electronics. A third 3.7 kW on-board charger is available in markets with 3-phase residential power, but I don't know whether this charger is included in another electronics module or whether it's a standalone module.

Hey Neil - did you get this sorted?

We've just got an i3 also on Octopus with an Ohme charger. Which version of their charger have you got?

We're experiencing issues with the charging - keep getting a message saying that it's charging more slowly than normal & to check the car. Have you had this?

Latest posts

Back