UK buyer about to push the button and need some input please

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJM625

Hi all,

We've done the research and had the 24hr test drive and are ready to order the car but I thought I'd check on the spec to see if I've missed anything vital out...

I3 (Non REX)
White
19" Turbine wheels 428
Loft
Media package
Winter Package
DC Rapid Charge preparation
Harman Kardon
Sun protection glass
Led headlights
5 year service plan

Can anybody tell me why I'd buy:

Auxiliary cabin heating system
Enhanced Bluetooth telephone with USB & Voice Control
eDrive exterior sound

CJM625 said:
Hi all,

We've done the research and had the 24hr test drive and are ready to order the car but I thought I'd check on the spec to see if I've missed anything vital out...

I3 (Non REX)
White
19" Turbine wheels 428
Loft
Media package
Winter Package
Harman Kardon
Sun protection glass
Led headlights
5 year service plan

eDrive exterior sound

Hi There..

I suggest you dont need the service plan. The BEV fist service requirements are 2 years from delivery and are Brake Fluid and Inspection only... and a further inspection at 3 years. Also you will already have a comprehensive warranty of 3 years for any faults or problems.

EDrive sounds is a new option to me - I think it's a generated noise at low speeds to warn pedestrians - I wouldn't bother.

Aux heating is a heat pump which improves battery range by using less power to heat car (extra 5-10 miles of range) I ordered.

Enhanced bluetooth: Adds some extra features like wired exterior arial - From reading others experience of it I didn't order.

BTW Noaky how you finding your i3 around Swindon? Any tips on electric points, driving to London? I'm over in Aldbourne and expecting delivery in 3-4 weeks.

I think in part it depends on whether your are buying the car or leasing it. In my view, if you are just leasing it there is little point in buying too many extras as all it really does is inflate the cost for BMW to benefit after the exchange.

We are buying (not leasing or PCP) the car and are hoping to keep it as a long term prospect, I'm trying to make it as future proof as possible hence the DC fast charge.

Thank you for your input chaps ;-)

CJM625 said:
Hi all,

I3 (Non REX)
White
19" Turbine wheels 428
Loft
Media package
Winter Package
Harman Kardon
Sun protection glass
Led headlights
5 year service plan

eDrive exterior sound

I'd push button on that spec, the 5yr service plan is hard to say but for £375 could be good deal.

CJM625 said:
We are buying (not leasing or PCP) the car and are hoping to keep it as a long term prospect, I'm trying to make it as future proof as possible hence the DC fast charge.

Thank you for your input chaps ;-)

Go push the button....

Heat exchanger is a must if you have a BEV.

I love the voice control and the integration is better

The exterior noise sounds like a blast. Take it or leave it.

Order. Just don't expect it to arrive early.

OK, going for the heat pump, the phone kit voice thingy we have on our X5's and we don't use it so that's that, getting the noise thingy and comfort access

Thanks for the input.

Does anyone have a metallic grey one? If so can you post pictures?

Regards
CR

I think the £375 is probably good value against future labour rate increases by dealers. So you are buying forward the labour rate at a fixed price. I think there is an additional package which included tyres and pads was not worth it over the period. Was it £1175? Can't remember. I calculated one set of tyres and pads and still better off on the £375.

Comfort access is a must for me. Also means my other half doesn't lose the keys as they are permanently zipped into inside pocket of sound proof handbag.

Does this mean I can refresh my order for the edrive noise generator...mmmm...Lambourghini sounds? Or Harley Davidson?

mrsmith said:
EDrive sounds is a new option to me - I think it's a generated noise at low speeds to warn pedestrians - I wouldn't bother.

Aux heating is a heat pump which improves battery range by using less power to heat car (extra 5-10 miles of range) I ordered.

Enhanced bluetooth: Adds some extra features like wired exterior arial - From reading others experience of it I didn't order.

BTW Noaky how you finding your i3 around Swindon? Any tips on electric points, driving to London? I'm over in Aldbourne and expecting delivery in 3-4 weeks.

Hi mrsmith. .. i3 is awesome.. its great around town but does attract a lot of attention in Lil swindon, city of roundabouts.. i mainly hone charge but morrisons and waitrose are good charging points... i commute to heathrow no problem, top up there at work and cone back. .. extrapolated range of 90 miles at 65-70 mph ecopro. Let me know when you take delivery... you will absolutely love it. I look for reasons to go fir a drive. .like.. oh we need eggs... or oh we need milk... or no reason just drive.. lol..

noakey said:
mrsmith said:

Hi mrsmith. .. i3 is awesome.. its great around town but does attract a lot of attention in Lil swindon, city of roundabouts.. i mainly hone charge but morrisons and waitrose are good charging points... i commute to heathrow no problem, top up there at work and cone back. .. extrapolated range of 90 miles at 65-70 mph ecopro. Let me know when you take delivery... you will absolutely love it. I look for reasons to go fir a drive. .like.. oh we need eggs... or oh we need milk... or no reason just drive.. lol..

I can't wait to get in it and have some roundabout action!

Back