Uk ecotricity charging

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@nickhorley - sorry I have been away for a while and have just seen your post. While it is probably a bit off topic and I am sure there are plenty of opinions out there, my experience is that in Eco pro the ac does knock a few miles off the range. The new battery pack should sort all this out in terms of range but a high speed run definitely reduces range, noticeably above 70 presents a higher rate of loss. I would doubt that above 70 I could achieve 50 -55 miles without reverting to the range extender. On motorways i tend to use the Rex as soon as i can and stretch out the range of the battery in that way.

While Ecotricity is undoubtedly expensive I gather that they have left their options open for a more sophisticated charging regime which is good to learn. Surrey county Council could learn the same lesson. Any connection to the rapid charger in Cobham Holly hedge car Park is £7.50 regardless. Needless to say it is a wasted investment as no one appears to use it.

Incidentally , I have just had a software update to provide some consistency of the battery readout. i am not sure what that is all about but no doubt somewhere on the forum there will be an answer.

IF the choice is running the a/c or opening the windows, BMW has said that above 25mph, it's more efficient to close the windows and use the a/c. Obviously, though, not using the climate control AND keeping the windows closed would be the most efficient, but except as an experiment, why deprive yourself of the comfort?

Back