UK specific discussions

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ianwoodnamaste

Just wanted to post the UK charging levels that I measured for the '13 amp' charging.

MAX=9.5amp/2.2kw/100%
REDUCED=7.2amp/1.7kw/75%
LOW=4.8amp/1.4kw/61%

These are the levels for my REX.

Why do BMW not tell us this sort of thing? It's so useful if you have solar panels and want to vary your charging to maximise the solar input to your charging. Anyway great there are options. For the record immediately you change them 'on screen' the amount drawn changes you don't even have to come out of the page.

ianwoodnamaste said:
Just wanted to post the UK charging levels that I measured for the '13 amp' charging.

MAX=9.5amp/2.2kw/100%
REDUCED=7.2amp/1.7kw/75%
LOW=4.8amp/1.4kw/61%

These are the levels for my REX.

Why do BMW not tell us this sort of thing? It's so useful if you have solar panels and want to vary your charging to maximise the solar input to your charging. Anyway great there are options. For the record immediately you change them 'on screen' the amount drawn changes you don't even have to come out of the page.

Great information ianwoodnamaste. :)

I've just taken delivery of my Rex with DC charge ability, so I'm kind of exploring it's capability, still excited so excuse me. Another statistic for the record the Rex covered 30 miles on 3.22l (= 42mpg) of petrol at a steady cruise controlled 73mph on the clock (a real life 70mph according to my iPhone App), apart from a miles of traffic slowing to 60 ish, I'm impressed.

So here is a 'blighty' question. Why does the car charge OK at some Ecotricity 32 amp AC charging points and not others. i.e. yesterday I had issues at Heston Services & Reading Services on the M4. Later on I stopped and tried the 32 amp charger at Chievely Services & it worked fine with the car. As it happens I was just checking & learning what happens thankfully I have DC & this has worked faultlessly at each attempt. Is it something to do with the charger being configured in some way for the Zoe? Any thoughts most welcome.

I'm trying not to think about my average range or miles/kwhr because I'm enjoying it much too much at the moment, I'm sure I will calm down. Well just broke & went & looked at the onboard computer my average is 3.85 miles/Kw, which is amazing considering a lot of my miles are motorway miles at a steady 73mph.

Please feel free to join the UK i3 facebook group here https://www.facebook.com/groups/bmwi3uk/

We are meeting at Bletchley Park on 18th Oct with 23 attending so far.

Back