Unable to unlock fuel filler flap

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevei3

Hi guys,

our car has developed a rather inconvinient glitch, for we are unable to unlatch the fuel filler flap 9 out of 10 tries. We see the 'ready to refuel' counter reach 90-95% after which the process stalls and the white warning triangle remains on display. It can be unlocked manually from under the bonnet without much hassle, so refueling is always possible, but still...

The glitch became apparent after the latest software update of our car on april 29th, but this could be a coincidence.
We'll have it checked by our dealer in due course. In the mean time: any motorists here having trouble with the fuel filler flap ?

Regards, Steven

Had the same thing happen on the demo I was leant for 2 days, I managed to jiggle the plastic flap over the locking pin to get some fuel in it but they never told me what was wrong.

As I was just on a demo drive I hadn't read the manual about how to open it manually from under the bonnet! :-(

My own car is fine but only used it once or twice.

no problems here so long as we push the button in the drivers side wheel well to open the gas hatch. sometimes it does not spring open as far as other times. but always opens.

Back