Vanity Mirror LED upgrade.

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheAirman

I didn't like the dim yellow vanity mirror lights, so I upgraded them to bright white LED. The original bulbs are those little special BMW bulbs that the dealer wants too much for.

The new bulbs are T5 2723.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09D3GNXTP?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Remove the lens by prying at the bottom corner nearest the mirror with a jewelers screwdriver or a super thin pry tool.
IMG_0523.jpg

IMG_0521.jpg

IMG_0528.jpg

IMG_0525.jpg

I didn't like the dim yellow vanity mirror lights, so I upgraded them to bright white LED.
Is yours a Deka World i3s? I believe that our Giga World i3 has LED's in all interior light fixtures. I know that Deka World trim doesn't include as many LED's as higher trim levels.

Is yours a Deka World i3s? I believe that our Giga World i3 has LED's in all interior light fixtures. I know that Deka World trim doesn't include as many LED's as higher trim levels.
Tera World. Brown leather. They were the only non-LED's I could find on the car.

After all, it's a COVID car, supply shortages and all. I think as time goes on, we will find out more strange things about the cars built in that "era".

My Deka doesn't have vanity mirror lights at all. But since I'm bald, that's a non-issue. Even for my wife, the biggest complaint is that there aren't any kleenex in the console on the Deka interior . . .

My 2020 Tera has the incandescent as well. I had not got around to dealing with it but now that I have the link I will do it soon. Already purchased on Amazon. Thanks for the info!!!

Slightly "off topic" but has anyone found a retro fit for the actual visor(s) so that they can expand, left ot right, to block sun, especially to use on side window?

Every car I've owners since 2001 has had the ability to "adjust" the visor left to right, escept my 2019 BWM i3!!! I think the technical term is "telescoping" visors.

We've tinted all windows fully except windshield (only did a top tint strip from camera up). On bright sunny Florida days, it would be nice to have the ability to "adjust" the visors.

Anyone find a solution?????

Thanks

My 2020 Tera has the incandescent as well. I had not got around to dealing with it but now that I have the link I will do it soon. Already purchased on Amazon. Thanks for the info!!!
Those original bulbs were tiny, and I could not get them out with my fingers. I put two pieces of tape on a miniture pair of needle nose pliers a gently squeezed and wiggled the bulb out. Don't bust the bulb because if you do, you might blow a fuse.

I had to use the mini pliers to put the new ones in too. Don't forget a thin mini pry too to get up the bottom edge of that lens cover off.

Contributing to this thread, here’s another light option that’s warm white led instead of bright white/blueish. In the photos it looks yellow but it’s about 3000k and much brighter than stock.

https://a.co/d/46CE5B2

In the first three photos the left bulb is replaced with stock on the right. In the last photo both bulbs are replaced.

Attachments

• IMG_0055.jpeg
    IMG_0055.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0056.jpeg
    IMG_0056.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0057.jpeg
    IMG_0057.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0062.jpeg
    IMG_0062.jpeg