What's discrepancy between this dealer quote and Leasematic?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThreeEyes

Hi, I'm using the app Leasematic which was recommended at Bimmerfest. However the figures it is giving for the lease with 7 MSDs are quite different to what 2 dealers are offering. Opening each in a new tab/window, can anyone spot the discrepancy?

Dealership: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3641089/Screenshots/2015-06-25.png
Leasematic: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3641089/Screenshots/2015-06-25%20%281%29.png

Dealers money factor 0.00079 already includes the MSD discount. Your calc has the MSD discount applied twice.

Btw, send you a PM.

Edit: If I put the MF back to default, or take out the 7 MSDs, it's still around $450 – a big discrepancy.

Will check PM.

Not sure how leasematic is treating the $7500 rebate but it is taxed as a cap reduction instead of discount off MSRP. Also $795 vs $995 lease acq fee.

Something like a net $0 drive-off and $420-$425 per month would be a good deal on this $54k MSRP car. Would require $3150 refundable security deposit too.

nodomo said:
Something like a net $0 drive-off and $420-$425 per month would be a good deal on this $54k MSRP car. Would require $3150 refundable security deposit too.

According to my broker who accessed the same system as the dealers (and whose fee comes from the dealer), two dealerships who I've pushed to breaking point, and the programmer of Leasematic, it isn't possible to get lower than $520 Inc tax for this 2015 car. My MSDs are around what you quote.

Assuming your figure of $425 is Inc. tax, how are you getting there? You know something none of them do?

ThreeEyes said:
Hi, I'm using the app Leasematic which was recommended at Bimmerfest. However the figures it is giving for the lease with 7 MSDs are quite different to what 2 dealers are offering. Opening each in a new tab/window, can anyone spot the discrepancy?

Dealership: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3641089/Screenshots/2015-06-25.png
Leasematic: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3641089/Screenshots/2015-06-25%20%281%29.png

To answer my own question, the programmer of Leasematic says:

Here is what's going on:

1. Money Factor should be entered as 0.00128 (original before MSD). App will calculate new rate automatically.
2. Dealer's $7500 rebate is being applied towards Due at signing, as supposed to reduction in cap cost. To fix this, you have to tap top right icon when in editing mode, tap on "More Options" and toggle "Use Rebates For Cap Reduction" to "NO".
3. Acquisition Fee in dealer's quote is $995 (should ask him to lower it to $795)
4. DMV Fees are not capped (Uncheck CAP in Fees view next to DMV Fees)
5. Dealer's quote has Down Payment of "5930.57". Looks like this is his way of applying part of $7500 rebate towards cap cost to bring monthly payment down.

Once you setup your deal like this in Leasematic, you will see that both Monthly Payment and Due at signing will match to the PENNY!

ThreeEyes said:
Assuming your figure of $425 is Inc. tax, how are you getting there? You know something none of them do?

I know there are better deals ;)

I should clarify the $425 is a net number that includes the $2500 CA rebate factored in (with $0 down + refundable MSDs). Makes it easier to compare apples to apples since some dealers quote a low 24 month rate that doesn't qualify for state rebates, others quote a lower monthly but higher down payment, etc.

If you factor in the $2500 CA rebate, that $520 becomes a net $450 payment.

On a 2015 car with $54k MSRP, I'd shoot for a net $425 for 12k mi/yr or $405 for 10k mi/yr. On a 2014, deduct another ~$20.

Tell me if this calculation is correct. For nodomo's $425 including tax.

MSRP: $54045
Cap: $49650 includes the $795 acq fee, $XXX registration fee, $80 doc fee, $7 CA tire fee, misc taxes cause CA charges tax even on the $80 doc fee.
Lease credit: -$7500
Net Cap: $42150
Residual for 12K/36: 52% or $27687
MF: 0.00081 with 7 MSDs, 0.0013 - 0.00049, it seems that this month's MF is 0.0013
Sales tax: 8% can vary in CA up to 9%.

$495 with 8% tax.

Minus $2500 CA rebate which is about $70.

$425 net after tax.

Correct???

My question would be, does this price include the $1000 Team USA rebate or anything like that?

ThreeEyes said:
My deal did include the $1000 Team BMW rebate.

The $450 including tax you wrote about in the other thread. Does it include subtracting the $2500 CA rebate? Did you get the car wit the $54045 msrp then.

I'm still negotiating my lease, will post once finalized.

Thanks

Yes I included the $2500 rebate to calculate the 'effective' cost per month of around $450 approx. My price was $508 without taking the $2500 into account.

The MSRP was as shown in the dealer quote above, give or take a HK stereo or so. If you're hitting close to $450 including the rebate/$508 without, it's as low as they will go for a 2015 to that spec.

Almost leased today but after hitting a low price, the dealer just raised the money factor so it was a wash.

How much did you actually pay besides the MSD deposits, just the 1st month or extras such as the registration, etc or was the rolled in, it's easier to understand how folks got to their prices with that info, thanks

Thanks for your help, I'm looking for the same car as you, $54000 msrp, so I'll shoot for the same price, I think I got a few places in socal willing to deal. 12K/36 and paying the first month only at drive off and nothing else. I'll post what I get, if the wife doesn't convince me to order a tesla model x, she's tired of me buying my small cars.

What update are you hoping for? The last post here was 8 days ago. ;)

Prices change constantly, so my example was good at the time of writing a month ago. Go out and just get the best deal you can until they stop phoning you with better offers. That's generally how I've always done it, and you will get a sense when you are at rock bottom. Good luck!

ThreeEyes said:
What update are you hoping for? The last post here was 8 days ago. ;)

Prices change constantly, so my example was good at the time of writing a month ago. Go out and just get the best deal you can until they stop phoning you with better offers. That's generally how I've always done it, and you will get a sense when you are at rock bottom. Good luck!

Here it goes, I'll just be the a-hole and explain why you're getting these types of questions from me and from him. We have high expectations from you because you came here to this exact forum and at edmunds asking for all this help when you were buying and now that you got it you're giving some pretty vague answers or answers that are not complete.

For example, I asked you what was the msrp of the car, you said:

"The MSRP was as shown in the dealer quote above, give or take a HK stereo or so. If you're hitting close to $450 including the rebate/$508 without, it's as low as they will go for a 2015 to that spec."

Dang, you know give or take a HK stereo is vague cause it's a $800 option and makes a difference in payment.

The $2500 rebate divided by 36 months comes out to almost $70, $69.44 to be exact. When you say $450 with rebate and $508 without, it doesn't make sense, it should be $520. I know...I know... $10 a month rounding error but considering how we're all doing this to save what.... $10-$20 a month, it makes a difference and it makes it vague again...

When you say:

Everything rolled in, $0 out the door, the monthly payment is $508

That can mean, you paid $0 and you didn't pay first month $508 or you did, it's up to interpretation.

I still haven't leased yet because I got busy at work but I promise to post here a complete break down so that we all help each other to get a great deal.

And when I mean I will post details, here's a post from clublexus where I posted a break down of my GS lease a couple of years back, it leaves nothing up to interpretation or vagueness and it helps people get a better deal, I've also done this with a RX, HS and a couple of other leases in the past.

Alright, here's a step by step breakdown of the costs, so that you can have an advantage when you buy or lease the car.

First off I should say that I purchased an add on of XM radio for $299 from the dealer. The XM was already installed by the dealership and they wouldn't take it out since it was installed. The car was the color and options I wanted so I relented and paid the 299. It's a decent deal for XM since Sewell sells the XM add on for $299 online and I got it installed for free with 9 months of service. Anyway, just wanted to state this because I see people post that they paid a certain price or invoice or below but don't reveal that they bought extra crap like a warranty or LoJack and overpaid for those items so of course they get the car for under invoice, since they got ripped off on the other stuff.

36 month lease with 15K miles per year.

MSRP: $51915
Sales price: $45764 (This price is invoice found on edmunds + TDA (advertising fee) of $552)
Acquisition fee: $600
Registration, license: $364
Document prep: $48.71
Other fees: $8.75 (California Tire Fee)

Lease info:
Gross Capitalized Cost $46,364 (sales price + acquisition)
Current Money Factor for 36months 15K: .00185
Discount for putting down 9 refundable security deposits: 0.00072
Final Money Factor: .00113
Residual = 49% = $25,438.35
Total monthly payment with 8.25% tax = $717.06

I put no money down on the lease, I did make a 100% refundable deposit of $6,525 that saves me roughly $2,000 over the 3 years, not a bad investment since that money would of just been sitting in the bank, earning low interest and being taxed.

Total drive off was $7,672.86, $6525 of it are the MSDs and $1,147.86 was first months payment, license, tax etc.

Read more: http://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-3rd-gen-2006-2011/325876-december-to-remember-prices-and-lease-rates-2.html#ixzz3h9xhgn39

And I do agree that I'm ungrateful and an a-hole for pointing this out... :mrgreen:

Back