Why BMW Dealers so greedy?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been wanting to buy an i3s recent model 20-21 for a bit now. In the US, my concern is for instance how knowledgable are mechanics these days on these expired cars, an 2nd, if dealers are charging $500 to replace a $100 12 volt battery, what crazy charges when it's something more substantial ? I try to do work myself ... just wondering if this car is one unending headache because dealers are greedy.
Dealers are greedy, don't use them for any paid service after the warranty expires. They usually charge more just for 'Diagnostics' than it costs to repair any issue with independents or DIY. The last time I used a dealer I was charged $800 to do a HV battery test because I was low on range and coming up to warranty end day. They kept the car a week with no loaner, then just gave me a hand written piece of paper saying 'HV battery at 71%, not eligible for battery replacement under warranty.'

They have no interest in your I3's, they just want to sell you new cars.
I agree with this comment and must add that I took my used 2021 to a dealer and overpaid for new tires (even more than they quoted me). Two months later I had a flat in the morning and threw some air in it and waited in line as the same dealer opened. I explained the situation and they asked me if I purchased my vehicle at that dealership. I was perplexed and asked them what the heck that has to do with me buying tires and coming back to have them fix the slow leak. They told me the timing wasn't good for them so I drove to a local tire shop.

Back