Winter Tires, TMPS mounted on rims $1284!

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jreynaert

In Michigan, our winter weather can really be unpredictable. This is our first winter with our 2014 i3 as well as the first time we haven't invested in dedicated snow tires.

Yesterday, my wife went out in the morning and when she returned there was a surprise 2" of snow, and none of the roads were treated yet. She slipped and slid eventually hitting a curb and puncturing the sidewall of her front drivers side tire. EP600's, so a quick order from TireRack, and $260 with tax later, it was on its way.

But... knowing that I would likely have avoided that expense, had I had dedicated snow tires, I started shopping and found that the TireRack had 155/70R19 BLZK LM-500 on clearance for $69.79 each (running this size on the rear for winter). Also, found a nice 19x5 5-112 ET43 Silver rims for $193.09 each. Lastly, they had the TPMS for $40 each (a bit high), but when ordering all together, they provide free mounting and balancing. So, total out the door including shipping as $1284!
Ordered the set, and it showed up the next day. The icing on the cake was when I re-programmed the TPMS, the car found all 4 without the need of OBD II programming of each sensor. It was a breeze.
With the traction control of the i3, this made an incredible difference!

Not only will winter diving be safer going forward, the 3 to 4 months using these tires will help extend the life of my summer tires. Also, now I have a "options for a spare" should I experience a flat again.

There are still a few of these tires available at the Tire Rack...

Attachments

• 20240216_143518.jpg
    20240216_143518.jpg
    725 KB · Views: 0
You will love the blizzaks even when it's not snowing or icy out. The all seasons turned to rocks when 10f and below and the suspension felt every bump. Im just west of you in Chicago and the snow tires over potholes are so much more comfortable in the winter.

Back