wipers dragging water back onto screen mod

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

busaman

i am still puzzled why BMW have not fixed this it was driving me crazy in the wet i tried a simple fix and it worked just run some black electrical tape bridging the gap on the screen and the a-pillar moulding no more water on the screen.

it is also aerodynamically bad by design, for the life of me i don't know why they did it if it was east i would simply replace the moulding with a better design,

Can you possibly post a pic of how you did it? I think this is a dumb design flaw that BMW surely must have noticed in their testing that included rain.

i cant find how to load an image as there is no attachment option (bandwidth must be really tight) :eek:

yes it would work if your handy with silicone it will look like a rubber strip (tip mask both edges squeeze in the silicone and smooth with wet finger)

I've also read that the water coming back onto the windshield is due to the windfoil on the wiper arm. I've only driven my i3 in the rain once or twice so far, and it didn't appear to me that the water was coming from the A-pillar but from the wiper itself.

However if you are saying this worked for you then I will at least give it a try, so thanks for the tip.

i think the water is pooling higher up the windscreen in the void between screen and the trim as its blown up from the bottom (if BMW were smart it would be flush with the trim)

Back