Would you buy it again?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The timeline to produce something like the i3 was a long, tortuous path...someone trying to one-up it, if it hadn't already been in the works, would be highly unlikely, at least with the sophistication of the BMW effort. Nobody else has spent the money to develop the mass production of CFRP. While there are some very small volume production cars using the technique (take the Porsche 918 at $847K), nobody has the tech or supply chain to match what BMW has right now, and that took years to refine. The magic to a very efficient EV is light weight and attention to detail.

Yes, definitely, and the BMW i3 is our second EV. We got our first EV back in 2013 and enjoy it very much.

Bought my REX Nov '14... Almost 7000 Km I have absolutely no regrets.

I had 2 little things, Air Bag sensor and High Power cable replaced.

Yes - without a doubt. I've had my Rex 1 year and it meets all of my needs and more!

I had an issue with the gas tank pressure - it has been repaired. BMW technicians, however, leave a little to be desired - they damaged a summer rim (and repaired at their expense). I just noticed that a winter rim was scraped when swapped a few weeks ago.

Absolutely. My 2014 BEV is outstanding in every way - I expect some mainstream car companies will try to copy it, but will fail miserably.

Back