Yess... i3 is comming!

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burdi3

Next thursday, 19th... I will become the owner of a i3. Very curious...
Since I ordered i've been measuring my mean distances... And i think i'm in the safe zone... Time will tell...
Cheers :D

Burdi3 said:
Since I ordered i've been measuring my mean distances... And i think i'm in the safe zone... Time will tell...

Lucky you.
I am sure you will enjoy it. It is the best car I have ever driven.

I have to wait another 3 loooooooooooooooooooooog months :roll:

regards,
ken

Burdi3 said:

I got today an email from bmw that the car will be delivered second half december!

Thanks guys!
@roger... I got the same email today... But BMW Amsterdam told me delivery is set on the 19th... And maybe BMW will organize some sort of event... Will see!

But still have not the charging point... Hope it will be installed on time....
I've orderd this one:22kw (dutch only)
http://www.thenewmotion.com/shop/laadpunten/icu-compact/
Will charge 32A x 220 = 7kw, should do the job in 3,5 hour...

Heee...congrats Burd(Bert?)i3 :lol:

Nice that the car is coming this Thursday! I too received an email from BMW-NL on the imminant delivery: probably a form letter. But the most important thing is what your i Agent tells you and that will be Thursday for you!

I've managed to sort out the largest part of my "wrong order mess" this past week, but we still have to formally agree on the terms of the contract, so that will delay the delivery to next week I suppose. I will receive a compensation for their mistake in any case.

Burdi3 said:
Thanks guys!
@roger... I got the same email today... But BMW Amsterdam told me delivery is set on the 19th... And maybe BMW will organize some sort of event... Will see!

Burdi3... two[US Time]/one[UK time] more day... best wishes...

Burdi3 said:
Thanks guys!

And how is the i3 Burdi3?
You were to take delivery on it yesterday but I still have'nt seen you posting on it! :shock:

I'm going to wait on getting a charger for at home. First, I'd like to see how slow charging from the wall outlet really is. For longer trips I'll be using using fast chargers along the road. If that combination does'nt work out, I've understood from BMW that their wall charger will be revised mid-2014 to charge faster than now. Depending on the price, I might then go for that!

i3me said:
I've understood from BMW that their wall charger will be revised mid-2014 to charge faster than now. Depending on the price, I might then go for that!

Hi,

awaiting news/photos from Burdy as well...
I've come to understand that as of june '14 BMW will start to sell the wallbox 'Pro'. It has a display, supposedly more config options and (again, supposedly) 32A/1 phase charging. The wallbox 'Pure' will remain unchanged AFAIK. Anyone more info ?

Steven

PS: major bummer that your i3 order got messed up like this...

Hi Guys,

Yesssss i've got it! And I'm really happy with it... I've only drove it for 150 km and I find it trully amazing how it rides. Verry intuitive and also sporty. (I drive a megane RS 2013 on the side)...
I have to study the manual for all the details because there are a lot of fuctions... like collision warning system, the i connected drive, lane assist etc...
Unfortunnaly ( :D ) I'm now on vacation... but it will be fun when i'm back...
I really think it will work for me good, altough i will need to adjust a few habits... like planning my trips better!

image.jpg

Burdi3 said:
Yesssss i've got it! And I'm really happy with it...

Congratulations !
You're officialy the first real i3 driver in the world !
1st.jpg

Well, at least on this forum then ;)

Regards, Steven

PS: if I may ask: what I'm realy curious about is the batteries' stamina @120 kmh. What range is to be expected @120 ?

Charging @ home.
Ready to make a long testdrive tomorrow

How do i upload a picture?

This post has the instructions. What color is your i3?
I don't suppose you are monitoring the power usage during charting are you?
Congrats.

Bill

http://www.mybmwi3.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=419

@steven
When I first got the car it was saying that Max distance was 120 km... I was a bit disapointed but then I saw the airco was set on 28 Celsius. When I put it on 20 degr. distance went up to 145 in comfort. iGenieus told me that with this wheater (6 degrees)... Its really smart to preheat the cabin. Because that will increase distance significant. The battery pack need to be at 30 degrees And if you preheat it will use less electric charge! I think I did 100km in Total on freeway. Most on the left lane between 120-130... Think it will run 120 km... I will try it next week! Have a few trips planned!

Back