Yess... i3 is comming!

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Burdi3 said:
Hi Guys,

Yesssss i've got it! And I'm really happy with it... I've only drove it for 150 km and I find it trully amazing how it rides. Verry intuitive and also sporty. (I drive a megane RS 2013 on the side)...
I have to study the manual for all the details because there are a lot of fuctions... like collision warning system, the i connected drive, lane assist etc...
Unfortunnaly ( :D ) I'm now on vacation... but it will be fun when i'm back...
I really think it will work for me good, altough i will need to adjust a few habits... like planning my trips better!

image.jpg

Very Nice !
Think i can pick up mine monday or tuesday
Depending when the carpapers arrive
If i manage i Will try to post photo's

Burdi3 said:
I have to study the manual for all the details because there are a lot of fuctions... like collision warning system, the i connected drive, lane assist etc...

Now, don't let all those 'safety' features distract you from traffic :lol:

Drive Safely, and keep us posted,

Steven

jfk said:
yes, it is. but the sides of the roof are colored.

Correct, but the roof isn't painted black like the hood is. It's actually exposed black CFRP with a high gloss finish. You can clearly see the carbon fiber strands.

Given the amount of sunlight we get here, I'm wondering how easy it would be to wrap the roof panel in a light reflective colour?

On a hot day around here, you can burn your hand on a black car, but not on a light colored one. That would have to mean more kW cooling the interior?

Dark colours are hot on the outside but keep the inside cool because all of the heat stays outside! Take a look at Arabian outside clothing: very dark to keep cool!
In a car the AC load is more determined by the interior colour. If it's dark it will be warmer inside.

Day before Christmas my i3 was registrated on my name. Now waiting for final delivery until next Friday (3-1-2014). Still one week to go...

Back