360° Electric services

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agj

I suggest that this thread is used by owners to share information about how the 360° services are materialising around the world.

Add-On-Mobility (Access or Alternate Mobility) and other mobility services are largely pitched by BMW as a marketing tool.
It could be useful to know to what extent they are used and whether they really represent a added value to users.

For me, the UK packages represented very poor value for money. It is possible to rent an equivalent BMW for considerably less than the equivalent cost of the point scheme; on a three year lease the car will only need one service,; and it much more economical for me to use a pay as you go charging card.

I'm confused what services are offered in the package. Do you get charging time with it? If so, where can you charge and how much is it?

Adam said:
I'm confused what services are offered in the package. Do you get charging time with it? If so, where can you charge and how much is it?

The "charge" part of the 360° Electric services is called ChargeNow.
This service is not provided by BMW directly. It is provided through a partnership between the local BMWi department and one or more local charging stations networks.
Depending on the terms of each partnership agreement, the i3 owner can access the partners' charging stations at a preferential rate using a single branded card. The card is generally provided to the owner by the charging stations network operator.

Modalities, tariffs and contractual arrangements may vary from country to country.

In Belgium, the selected charging network is Bluecorner.be . The BMW ChargeNow card is available through a subscription : 89€/year compared to 96€/year for the standard Bluecorner card.

agj said:
In Belgium, the selected charging network is Bluecorner.be . The BMW ChargeNow card is available through a subscription : 89€/year compared to 96€/year for the standard Bluecorner card.

Thanks! In Belgium, do you then still need to pay per Kwh or hour? If so, how much?

Adam said:
In Belgium, do you then still need to pay per Kwh or hour? If so, how much?

Hi Adam, you can refer to Bluecorner's website (http://www.bluecorner.be/bmwi/fr/abonnementen_bmw.html). You'll see that their pricing is a combination of time and charging speed : 1,6€ per hour for the lowest charging speed of 3,7 kWh, which is the standard default charging speed for the i3 => just over 4€ for a top-up of 10 kWh in ~2h45, if I'm not mistaken. This pay-per-use pricing is on top of the subscription fee, of course.

Well I started a specific UK discussion about charging points elsewhere on the forum: http://www.mybmwi3.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=642

ChargeNow is being run in the UK by Chargemaster - Polar network who have announced their charges, but ChargeNow have not.... http://www.chargemasterplc.com/index.php/polar_online/
I don't know if any BMW dealers actually have a fast/ DC charger yet & would be interested to hear. As yet the BMW offerings seem to be bad value. I have been told that the ChargeNow network in the UK will be the polar network + BMW dealers, but unless the fast chargers actually exist there's little point in joining and I have concerns that they will only be available in office hours.

Geoff

Back