BMW remote app not working

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you tried to send a command to car through the app

Yes, that works, though it is a little slow. And yesterday the App worked fine, plugged it in to charge, and it gave me accurate, real--time info, instead of stuff 2 hours (or a day) old. Wonder if their are multiple BMW servers the App can connect to, and one of them is glitchy, going in and out of service.

2015 I3 BEV (Seattle, WA) - The app and the web interface just doesn't work for me and hasn't for a while.
Question is this something that needs addressing on the car side or is it limited to a problem of some kind between the server and my iPhone 5s and any computer with internet access.
Does it make sense to take the car in or no?

Regards

If you take your phone near the car, do you have good signal levels? While coverage with one carrier doesn't necessarily apply to others, it's a start. IF your signal strength is low, that in the car might be low, too. Have you tried it in other places?

Mine seems to work about 80% of the time. I know my coverage where the car is parked is marginal sometimes.

The app indicates the two steps where it first communicates with the server, then the server tries to talk to the car...does it ever get to the last step?

FWIW, I couldn't talk to mine yesterday...haven't tried today.

Some of the original s/w releases in the car had issues, and that portion of the car's logic could get hung up and never respond. At the time prior to them updating the car's software, you could get it working by either unplugging the module and replugging it in, or pulling the fuse (easier) and replacing it. That hasn't been true now for at least a few years.

jadnashuanh said:
If you take your phone near the car, do you have good signal levels? While coverage with one carrier doesn't necessarily apply to others, it's a start. IF your signal strength is low, that in the car might be low, too. Have you tried it in other places?

Mine seems to work about 80% of the time. I know my coverage where the car is parked is marginal sometimes.

The app indicates the two steps where it first communicates with the server, then the server tries to talk to the car...does it ever get to the last step?

FWIW, I couldn't talk to mine yesterday...haven't tried today.

Some of the original s/w releases in the car had issues, and that portion of the car's logic could get hung up and never respond. At the time prior to them updating the car's software, you could get it working by either unplugging the module and replugging it in, or pulling the fuse (easier) and replacing it. That hasn't been true now for at least a few years.

Thanks I will try it from inside the car and see if that works.

Back