Drive Assist Plus in UK

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

molybdenum99

Seen the U.S. videos where the car will brake to avoid rear-ending the vehicle in front. Dealer says that feature is disabled on UK models. Anybody know for sure?

I can say that it is operational in Australia. The car warns of close proximity vehicles in front, beeps, and brakes if you don't.

Try it with your foot hovering above the brake pedal.

Drive Assist is an option in the UK: it's not disabled It works very well on British Motorways and is a great option but you have to have an upgraded interior trim in order to have Drive Assist.

janner said:
Drive Assist is an option in the UK: it's not disabled It works very well on British Motorways and is a great option but you have to have an upgraded interior trim in order to have Drive Assist.

I don't think the question was about whether driver assist is an option but whether braking to avoid rear ending the car in front is a function in the UK driver assist spec.

Bill

^

Exactly - I know that the package is an option in the UK but would like to know if the system will bring the car to a halt to prevent a low speed collision.

Anyone?

It certainly warns you and beeps if it detects you are closing on a vehicle in front "too quickly", but not discovered yet if it brakes for you - bit of a risky test!

It certainly works. An idiot cut into my lane in a queue situation and the brakes came on automatically just before I got my foot to the brakes pedal. I would have been able to stop in time but the system reacted faster than me.

I had it squeak once and apply brakes. Not sure it would stop you completely. Depends how quickly the situation develops and relative speeds. It is a must have in my options list. My F10 does it too but it has radar.

I had it work again this week where I approached a car in front of me on a roundabout, breaks slammed on without any ntervention from me.

Back