How do you get the circular radio dial back on?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeafSoundGuy

A few times I have seen the round (on screen) radio dial and then I go another screen and then I can't for the life of me figure out how to get back to it! Anyone want to enlighten me :?:

I think you have to select manual entry verses one of the currently cataloged stations it is receiving at the time. Don't use it much, so not quite sure.

Doh! yeah I just figured it out finally last night. I just kind of like the look of it versus the other radio screen. The bummer of it though is it doesn't tell you who is playing so if you can't figure out it's "Stairway to Heaven", then you'll have to go back to the original radio screen... :roll:

Also, you can't make a user definable button program to that screen, which is weird because you can to the Tone screen (which I do). However if you're on Nav and you go back to the radio it will remember that you're on manual mode.

What would be trick is if the radio info operated like my Wife's Cadillac SRX. Even if you get out of the radio screen, the display above the steering wheel still will tell you the band and the sound there as well. That's cool. :cool:. It could be done... another BMW Christmas wish...

Have you tried enabling the status information option? It puts a small floating banner in the corner with some RDS info. Not sure if it's the full feed because I mainly listen to an NPR station that only broadcasts call letters. Another possibility is to enable the Split screen and have Entertainment Details on the right side.

I played around with the options today. Split screen with Entertainment Details seems to accomplish what you're looking for, DeafSoundGuy. No need to wish.

IMG_4153.jpg

stumbledotcom said:
I played around with the options today. Split screen with Entertainment Details seems to accomplish what you're looking for, DeafSoundGuy. No need to wish.

IMG_4153.jpg
WHOA! I missed this one selection. I've been cussing the blind search method; thx.

I will also note that a BMW "widget" that I had (and liked because I actually contributed photos to it) that is in the Connected setting appeared after my first software upgrade, and then disappeared after the next. Now, after mentioning it to the dealer, they supposedly turned it on in the "BMW Partners...wait while we connect to the net" but now it is gone again. What it does in split screen is give you local scenery, architecture, pics of the GPS town you are in. Since I am an historical architecture photographer, I have contributed to their files, but they seemed to have lost their BMW way (or vice versa). Anyone else find them?

Back