New Lease

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tumo135

I have been lurking and finally decided to sign up. I am considering a lease for 2015 REX. This is the first quote I got. It seams way off from what a lot of people around the board have been paying. What do you think?

lease.jpg

1) The dealer is not offering you the base rate on the money factor. The MF in the deal above is .001446.

2) I don't see any Multiple Security Deposits used to lower the Money Factor. This is a big part of many of the good deals shared on the board.

3) If you do a short term lease, and it is still available, consider allowing the dealer to bump the MF by .00035 to avoid the BMWFS Acquisition fee. The extra "interest", on certain short term leases, works out to a lot less than the fee.

4) You appear to be in a state that taxes the entire lease transaction. Many of the good deals are in states that only tax the payment amount of the lease, not the purchase price of the vehicle. (If your state only taxes the payments then the MF is even higher than what I computed above.)

5) You show no other incentives/rebates. I received the $7,500 BMW incentive and also $3,000 from the state, $1,000 for a BMW event and $500 from the BMWCCA. On a 24 month lease every $1,000 discount lowers payments by around $40 (depending on MF and taxes)

6) $4,000 off isn't that much for an i3. I got 10% off of my REX, and likely could have done better if I went out of state, but going out of state would have cut me off from the $3,000 state incentive. (In state dealer purchase required.)

Back