Newbie just got 2020 i3 Rex delivered tonight

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

larrykalenda

Hello I am in Prunedale CA and bought a used i3 from WA state. It just got delivered to my front door. 8:30pm PST. I figured out how to plug it in and away I go.

2020 i3 Rex
VIN: WBY8P4C02L7F78499
8,922 miles

I would attach the Monroney Label but I need to figure that out.

larrykalenda

larrykalenda said:
I would attach the Monroney Label but I need to figure that out
This forum doesn't support attachments, so you'd need to upload your Monroney Label to a Website that would allow access of this image using an image URL (i.e., a URL whose file extension is that of a common image format like JPEG, TIFF, etc.). However, as a service, I've looked up the details of your i3 and have posted them here:

Code:
Vehicle Information
Type		Value
VIN		7F78499
Prod. Date	2020-02-07
Type		i3 120 REX
Series		I01 (1 Series)
Body Type	-
Steering	-
Engine		XB4
Displacement	0
Power		0kw / 0hp
Drive	-
Colour		capparis-weiss/BMW i blau
Upholstery	Leather vernasca/dark truffle

Editions And Packages
S7KZ	BMW I Interior Design Suite

Comfort And Interior Equipment
S423	Floor Mats Velours
S430	Interior/Outside Mirror With Auto Dip
S441	Smoker Package
S442	Drink Holder
S473	Armrest Front
S493	Storage Compartment Package
S494	Seat Heating Driver/Passenger
S4EA	Fine Wood Trim Oak Dark Matte
S4U7	Rapid Charging, Direct Current
S4U8	Rapid Charging, Alternating Current
S4U9	Acoustic Pedestrian Protection

Multimedia
S609	Navigation System Professional
S645	BMW US Radio
S655	Satellite Tuner
S6AC	Intelligent Emergency Call
S6AE	Teleservices
S6AK	Connected Drive Services
S6AM	Real-Time Traffic Information
S6AP	Remote Services
S6CP	Preparation Apple CarPlay

Driver Assistance And Lightning
S508	Park Distance Control (PDC)
S521	Rain Sensor
S534	Automatic Air Conditioning
S544	Cruise Control With Brake Function
S570	Reinforced Power Supply
S5A4	LED Headlight With Extended Scopes
S5AC	High-Beam Assistant
S5AP	Decoding Anti-Glare High-Beam Assistant
S5AT	Driving Assistant Plus

Wheels And Drive
S249	Multifunction F Steering Wheel
S2G6	BMW LA Wheel, Turbine Styling 429
S2VB	Tyre Pressure Display
S2VC	Tyre Repair Set

Environment And Safety
S302	Alarm System
S319	Integrated Universal Remote Control
S322	Comfort Access
S3AG	Reversing Camera
S845	Acoustic Fasten Seat Belt Reminder
S853	Language Version, English
S8BK	Charging Socket Export
S8KY	Oil Service Interval 12 Months
S8R9	Refrigerant R1234yf
S8S4	Decoding, Variable Light Distribution
S8SM	Car Ident. Number Visible From Outside
S8TN	Daytime Driv.lights Adjus.via Light Menu

Other Equipment
S925	Dummy-SALAPA
S927	All-Season Tyres
S992	Control Of Number-Plate Attachment
S9AA	Outer Skin Protection
SA020	20 Ah AGM Battery
SLEDE	Leather Equipment

Yours is a Capparis White ("panda") Tera World (top trim level) REx with the Technology and Driving Assist package manufactured on 2020-02-07. The only options that it doesn't have are the Harman Kardon entertainment system, 20" wheels, and a moonroof. This is a very nicely-equipped i3 that you should be quite happy owning.

Thanks Alohart Ye, it is surprising that it does not have the Harman Kardon, but I am happy with the standard system.

larrykalenda said:
Ye, it is surprising that it does not have the Harman Kardon, but I am happy with the standard system.
There weren't many 2020 i3's sent to the U.S. Most were REx's and most seem to be the lowest trim level, Deka World, so your 2020 Tera World REx is probably pretty rare. When I was looking for a 2019 or later Giga World (second highest trim level) BEV with the Technology and Driving Assist package, my choices were very limited. Almost none of the few Giga World BEV's had the Technology and Driving Assist package which was a requirement. Those BEV's with the Technology and Driving Assist package were almost all Deka World which I would not consider. I had been satisfied with the base entertainment system in our 2014 BEV, so I didn't pay attention to whether an i3 had the Harman Kardon entertainment system. I'm guessing that most 2019 and later i3's have the base entertainment system.

larrykalenda said:
The car came with only one key fob. Any options besides new from BMW?
Ugh :cry: If you have any recourse with the seller, exercise it. The seller should have included 2 fobs.

An i3 fob is locked to the VIN of a particular i3 by BMW, so a fob from anyone but a BMW dealer would not work. That said, some have claimed that a locksmith with the proper tools could reassign a used fob to a different VIN. I wouldn't take that risk myself. I don't doubt that a locksmith could create a new physical key that slides into the fob.

Some have reported buying a fob online from a BMW dealer at a bit lower cost than that a local BMW dealer. Maybe someone will make a specific recommendation. The cost is still high, though.

If you order a fob from a local dealer, don't pay them to activate the fob. You can do this yourself by merely holding the new fob against the steering column in a specific location. I've never done this, but the process seems simple.

Thanks Art

I thought that this would be the case. No recourse from the seller so I will most likely have to go thru BMW. I am considering taking the car into BMW anyway so that they can give it a once over. It should still be under The complimentary BMW Maintenance Program, which is a 4-year or 50,000-mile maintenance plan offered for new BMWs. Original purchase date was 6-10-2020.

On the CarFax report it shows on 9-19-2023 the following: "Structural damage disclosed by seller based on results of a visual inspection." This was when the original owner sold it to the dealer that I bought it from. The dealer cannot see any structural damage and neither can I. Maybe BMW can.

Tomorrow is already here right now so I am going to bed.

larrykalenda said:
I am considering taking the car into BMW anyway so that they can give it a once over. It should still be under The complimentary BMW Maintenance Program, which is a 4-year or 50,000-mile maintenance plan offered for new BMWs. Original purchase date was 6-10-2020.
Unless BMW's policies have changed, I believe that the complimentary BMW Maintenance Program is available only to the original owner unlike the warranty which goes with the car. If true, the maintenance program might be transferrable for a fee. You might want to check this before you drop off your i3 because the hourly labor cost might not be worth paying.

Back