No sales tax on REx in NJ

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomMoloughney

I just found out from BMW that the i3 REx will qualify for the zero emission tax exemption in New Jersey. Therefore, just like the BEV i3, REx i3 buyers will not have ot pay sales tax in New Jersey which is approximately a $3,500 savings!

Also, I understand Washington State is close to adopting the same measure. Hopefully we'll get confirmation on that soon.

This is part of why BMW was making the i3 comply for the BEVx designation in CA. It was never about trying to get a white sticker which they never believed the i3 would qualify for. They will take it is it's granted, but since it has a gas engine with vapors, the white sticker was really never really believed to be attainable for the REx.

A late Christmas present for you Tom! I know you pointed out this particular challenge for you a s NJ driver considering the rEx, and I remember thinking "ew, that does stink"...now you can look at it like NJ is buying your range extender (almost)!

Back