Portland, OR

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GodFollower

Rip city checking in, I know of 9 i3 drivers in the area. However, I am not sure if any of them are on this forum...

Let's get some news/stories rolling, and don't forget...keep Portland weird!!!

I will kick this off with a recommendation for any new i3 drivers with range anxiety; take your i3 to Washington Park in Western Portland(where the zoo is located) and run it out of battery/gas on the way up the winding hills. Then when it is dead, simply turn around and take the winding curves all the way back down to the city, and charge at BMW Portland for free until you have enough juice to get home! This lets you see how the car reacts as it gets low and eventually runs out of power/gas, so you are more comfortable running the car through it's full range.

A word of advice: turn around with a REx just before you run out of gas. When the REx runs out of gas, it will not let you use the remaining battery power to keep moving. A BEV will give you a small amount of power and propel you at 2MPH for a short period after it runs out of juice, so it is actually more forgiving at the very outer limit.

There are several Portland members on here, myself being one of them.

Keep Portland weird? It will never be NOT weird, or home to too many slow driving Prius owners.. :cry:

whats up.. i3 rex owner in beaverton. has anyone done any mods to their car, particularly the software? looking to enable the REX hold option and a few others. would love to meet up with others if interested in order to update our cars

Back