Who else gets there's this weekend ?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was supposed to be getting my REx on Saturday too but just been told that it's still stuck at the docks (in the UK) so it's going to slip by a few days.

Soapboxjonny said:
we got a BEV with LED headlights,heat pump,winter cabin prep,DC rapid charge,20s. i'll be collecting from North Oxford at 12:00
my production date was 06/02/2014

Thanks. At least another couple of weeks for me then.

Bill

0900 this morning. An hour to go!

Hope it's all charged up - I want to pick my sprogs up from school in it for lunch. I've not driven any EV yet ; not even a test drive!

It's a REx - ordered when they opened the books months ago.

Wow. What a fantastic car.

First impressions (after only 100 miles or so of mixed M-way and country roads) are very, very good. It's simply a very, very good drive.

Love the acceleration. Love the high driving position. Love the silence. Love the fact it's currently fuelling with no petrol station visit required.

Am now going to spend some time trying to figure out the depths of the sub-menus and how to get the online odds and sods working.

And, I'm hoping I can think of an excuse to nip out in the car!

Hey thank you for the immediate review... its kewl I am so itching for mine... hmmm.. let me help you... when I borrowed one to test drive for an evening I myteriously scanned the kitched for missing or low goodies... I found we didnt have enough milk for breakfast... oh dear I had to drive to the supermarket..lol... its so kewl.

Happy driving and keep reporting... :D Thank yoooooo

Ok so I picked up the car yesterday a little later than I'd planed (long story). John and James @ North Oxford were very patient. The sun was out and the looked amazing. I had some photos taken for an article in the Oxford post news paper. I met the BMW i technicians that prep'ed the car. After a lesson on the i drive, I was of on my own.
I just need to nag about the connected drive password and login and we are all sorted.

Picked ours up yesterday at 8.30am. Love it! It's so quick off the line. Very happy with the colour (laurus grey).

Did 91 miles in it yesterday. It's sat on the drive now, preconditioning for a 9.30 am departure (via the iPhone app).

The HK audio is truly superb so glad I ordered that.

Here's a pic of my lad at the wheel!

kmZS2nQA.jpg

When they asked for publicity photos to celebrate their first i3 delivery, I said "fine - so long as there's a bottle of champagne for a proper celebration". So when I picked it up, there was a bottle of Moet on passenger seat!

Awesome. Hoping we start to see a lot more owner post traffic on the forum soon with new ones finally starting to filter out there to board member. The grey really does look sharp...tough choice between it and the orange on this particular car. Look forward to hearing about your detailed impressions.

Mrs SS drove it for the first time today - big grin from her! And big relief for me as she's the one with the commute that needs a car!

Her current car is an E Class Merc so her comparison is against a high-ish bar.

Still working on understanding a few functions. Progress so far:

- charging works! (3 pin socket only - will get British Gas to do their thing sometime soon)
- bluetooth connection to phone works - including playing music stored on it.
- programmed key fobs to use the diamond button for pre-heating
- proved that the voice recognition works with my poor articulation

Back