Why not make the Remote App available for WindowsPhone?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I33t said:
The problem with WP is it is just not having an impact in the market.

chart_smartphone_market_share_100391495_orig.png

The news isn't good for Windows Phone

Windows Phone Market Share In The U.S. Drops Significantly

Android has the bottom of the market, and they are creaming it. WP can't get significantly into the bottom end or the top end.

It might be a 'far better OS' for phones (I doubt it) but if they can't have an impact in the market why would BMW bother?

Well if US is the only place in the world they sell i3.......
There are markets in EU where there are far higher market penetration and like i said before, people with tech interest often are in camp WP like myself. Not many of these people are in camp IOS these days methinks, but they were a couple of years ago.

http://wmpoweruser.com/closer-look-windows-phones-2-5-marketshare/

Also, dont forget who´s making the money on Android OS.... LOL

theo said:
There are markets in EU where there are far higher market penetration and like i said before, people with tech interest often are in camp WP like myself. Not many of these people are in camp IOS these days methinks, but they were a couple of years ago.
Would you consider people with tech interest to be overrepresented among i3 owners? If so, and if your assertion that such people often prefer WP is true, then one would think that BMW would have ported iRemote to WP. But I have read very few requests in various i3 forums for a WP version, so people must be making do with iOS and Android. BMW doesn't seem capable of maintaining just 2 versions very well, so I would not want their meager effort directed to a WP version that would probably be downloaded by very few people.

With iPhone sales continuing to grow, the percentage of people with tech interest may be decreasing among iPhone users, but the numbers of people with tech interest who use iOS or Android almost certainly dwarfs those who use WP considering the stark difference in world sales numbers among these OS's.

theo said:
And don't forget who is making almost all the smartphone profits. It's not Google, it's not Samsung, and it's not Microsoft.

alohart said:
theo said:
Would you consider people with tech interest to be overrepresented among i3 owners? If so, and if your assertion that such people often prefer WP is true, then one would think that BMW would have ported iRemote to WP. But I have read very few requests in various i3 forums for a WP version, so people must be making do with iOS and Android. BMW doesn't seem capable of maintaining just 2 versions very well, so I would not want their meager effort directed to a WP version that would probably be downloaded by very few people.

With iPhone sales continuing to grow, the percentage of people with tech interest may be decreasing among iPhone users, but the numbers of people with tech interest who use iOS or Android almost certainly dwarfs those who use WP considering the stark difference in world sales numbers among these OS's.

You might be right. But in strong EU markets WP has a far larger installbase than in the US, even ones surpassing Iphone sales.
With the fragmentation of Android, im not surprised to hear about all the problems with their app. Traditionally, Windows programs (or apps) has been far easier to build-maintain and get secure than their linux counterparts and so it will continue to be. Also, dont forget that Windows Phone has nowhere near the fragmentation in apps as Android has due to Microsoft aiming that all handsets should run the same OS.
Even if BMW looses only ONE sale because of the app issue with WP, i´d be worth making that app...today its W10, aka unified apps.

alohart said:
theo said:
And don't forget who is making almost all the smartphone profits. It's not Google, it's not Samsung, and it's not Microsoft.

You mean the two trick pony? MS has made more money then them for far longer and dont really need the hype-o-rama that that company needs. But id admit, their products are great (but expensive) if you can stand being limited and spied upon.

http://www.howtogeek.com/183766/why-microsoft-makes-5-to-15-from-every-android-device-sold/

Old info. Today almost all android manufacturers have settled. Aswell as foxconn (maker of alot of handsets, including ios no idea if they are affected though).

As far as MS is making all that money without much hassle on Android, it aint worth pushing their own creation until its ripe?!

theo said:
Well if US is the only place in the world they sell i3.......

lol. The few tech interest people in camp WP are probably not in camp IOS as well. If someone wants to jump on board with WP let them go for it, but more people are in IOS and Android, and the installed base is enormous and growing way, way faster than WP. Can they catch up? Their only real hope is a major catastrophe in the Android and IOS platforms.

Even your biassed windows link admits that key markets are not performing for WP, China is 'dead in the water' for WP, but the writer is hopeful WP will take off in Africa.

A closer look at Windows Phone’s 2.5% marketshare

Also, don't forget who's not making any money on WP... LOL

theo said:
But id admit, their products are great (but expensive) if you can stand being limited and spied upon.
You haven't installed Windows 10 then?

I have never, ever seen so much privacy mining in a first install of an OS as that one. I don't know how the product managers can sleep at night.
Windows 10 Isn’t Spyware but It Wants Your Data

But let’s be clear: Microsoft made Windows 10 a free upgrade because it has the explicit goal of making money from Internet services, ads, apps and games that run on it. Microsoft’s financial people call this new business model “customer lifetime value”—they don’t want to make money just when you buy a new PC, but on an ongoing basis. Microsoft made $3.6 billion from search engine advertising last year. They’re not selling our data, but they’re certainly making use of it.

“Any information shared with Microsoft is at your discretion—we will not collect information without your permission,” says a Microsoft spokesman.

That’s good to hear, but many of Microsoft’s data collection systems are turned on by default. Opting out requires knowing where to look, and disabling some of the features in Windows 10.

The Windows 10 privacy settings you need to change right now.. Stop Cortana from spying on you

I33t said:
theo said:
But id admit, their products are great (but expensive) if you can stand being limited and spied upon.
You haven't installed Windows 10 then?

I have never, ever seen so much privacy mining in a first install of an OS as that one. I don't know how the product managers can sleep at night.
Windows 10 Isn’t Spyware but It Wants Your Data

But let’s be clear: Microsoft made Windows 10 a free upgrade because it has the explicit goal of making money from Internet services, ads, apps and games that run on it. Microsoft’s financial people call this new business model “customer lifetime value”—they don’t want to make money just when you buy a new PC, but on an ongoing basis. Microsoft made $3.6 billion from search engine advertising last year. They’re not selling our data, but they’re certainly making use of it.

“Any information shared with Microsoft is at your discretion—we will not collect information without your permission,” says a Microsoft spokesman.

That’s good to hear, but many of Microsoft’s data collection systems are turned on by default. Opting out requires knowing where to look, and disabling some of the features in Windows 10.

The Windows 10 privacy settings you need to change right now.. Stop Cortana from spying on you

Eula... read and understood. But noone from camp datamining or camp surveyd should say anything about window...its by far the least spying OS of the three these days.
You now how google is making their money right?? The only difference is that its apparantly "cool" to bash MS these days.

"As with everything Microsoft related: Perception ≠ Reality

Microsoft is 100% consumer-facing and profit derived = Microsoft is failing!

Microsoft isn't the no.1 console manufacturer....Microsoft is failing!
Microsoft has only 3% mobile marketshare.....Microsoft is failing!
Windows 8 isn't at 50% desktop marketshare...Microsoft is failing!
Bing only has 30% Search share....Microsoft is failing!

Everywhere Microsoft is a leader, innovator, commands marketshare = Liability

90% Desktop O.S. share; no one uses PC's anymore; not mobile......liability!
MS Office; Only needed due to legacy enterprise....liability!
Xbox gamer market; oh, it only takes up resources and is a money-pit.......liability
Renown, award-winning 2-in-1 Surface computers: took a write-down, only sells in small quantities, too expensive.......liability
Award-winning Modern Live-Tiles: Not static icons like IOS/Android......liability

An so on. Never mind that it was only in the last four-five years that Apple, finally, became more profitable than Microsoft. Something Google still hasn't achieved and Amazon, seemingly, is nowhere near!

But hey, As long as it's Microsoft......Reality ≠ Perception!
"

I agree. Microsoft has a PR problem.

Until their OS's are simple to install, user friendly, virus and spyware immune, they cannot fix their PR.

Lots of consumers have to use Windows at work, but when you look into their homes many are running something else.

MS screwed up their phone future with their early attempts at phone OS's. That put the consumers on the back foot and left them open to alternative systems. It won't be easy to get them back.

I can't see how attacking the alternatives is going to improve market share, and without market share there will be no BMW iRemote app for the i3.

I33t said:
I agree. Microsoft has a PR problem.

Until their OS's are simple to install, user friendly, virus and spyware immune, they cannot fix their PR.

Lots of consumers have to use Windows at work, but when you look into their homes many are running something else.

MS screwed up their phone future with their early attempts at phone OS's. That put the consumers on the back foot and left them open to alternative systems. It won't be easy to get them back.

I can't see how attacking the alternatives is going to improve market share, and without market share there will be no BMW iRemote app for the i3.

Well they couldnt be simpler to install in comparison to the competition. Also, dont forget that they try and keep all on the same OS version by (atleast first year) giving Win10 upgrades away for free. Most homes in the world actually are using Windows, no question about it. A very little percentage (might be something like 4-7 % ) are using OSx (and then of all versions, not just the latest).

However, on phones and tablets the story is another, i´d imagine that Windows has caught up and passed the android pads by now, and are on a good way to compete with the ipads in marketshare.

What MS has done with Windows 10 (which they have tried before but with to little to late ) is Unified apps - this gives developers the choice to put their programs on windows tablets and windows phones with very little extra work if they already are putting it on windows 10 (which id imagine will be quite popular thanks to its market penetration sofar which at 75 million is well beyond all linux distros and OSX). Also, the same can be said for Xbox One.

Also, remember the days when Windows had like 95% of the smartphone market, then we had Palm have like 80-90% of it. These days are gone, so will the days of android also be someday, aswell as Ios (which is showing great signs of age and little of new invention).

My bank in Sweden informed me yesterday that WP support is coming. HBO has informed me that Win10/Xbox one support is coming (hopefully also WP)

BMW themselves are using WP throughout their entire staff ...... id imagine someone thinks, hmm, shouldnt we be on the largest OS?

theo said:
I33t said:

Well they couldnt be simpler to install in comparison to the competition.

Even if that was the case, what about the rest of the PR nightmare infecting MS. Speak to non-tech people who have major dramas everytime MS decides to alter the interface so everyone is convinced it's "new" while behind the scenes it's all basically the same, just jumbled through a mixing machine.

I hardly ever hear from customers with OSX install problems, it's a click and forget operation. Linux can go either way depending on distro and hardware.

I'm getting regular calls from people needing help with W10 installs, esp those previously upgraded to 7 or 8 installing on a new disk. Even though the W10 upgrade is 'free' MS wants them to re-install 7/8 before it will accept the free upgrade to 10. You can't just enter your previous license key. And turning off the privacy 'couldn't be simpler'? lol.

And how about this. Even if you paid hard cash for your Win7/8/8.x system, the privacy invasion is coming your way anyway!

Microsoft backports privacy-invading Windows 10 features to Windows 7, 8

Every time Microsoft releases a new version of an operating system, there’s always a few users bitterly unhappy at the company’s decision not to support new features on older products. Microsoft has finally listened to these die-hard devotees of older operating systems. If you felt like Windows 7 and Windows 8 offered you a little too much privacy, rejoice: Microsoft is updating those operating systems with the same telemetry gathering software it deployed on Windows 10.

More shoot yourself in the foot PR from Microsoft!

I33t said:
theo said:
I33t said:

Well they couldnt be simpler to install in comparison to the competition.

Even if that was the case, what about the rest of the PR nightmare infecting MS. Speak to non-tech people who have major dramas everytime MS decides to alter the interface so everyone is convinced it's "new" while behind the scenes it's all basically the same, just jumbled through a mixing machine.

I hardly ever hear from customers with OSX install problems, it's a click and forget operation. Linux can go either way depending on distro and hardware.

I'm getting regular calls from people needing help with W10 installs, esp those previously upgraded to 7 or 8 installing on a new disk. Even though the W10 upgrade is 'free' MS wants them to re-install 7/8 before it will accept the free upgrade to 10. You can't just enter your previous license key. And turning off the privacy 'couldn't be simpler'? lol.

And how about this. Even if you paid hard cash for your Win7/8/8.x system, the privacy invasion is coming your way anyway!

Microsoft backports privacy-invading Windows 10 features to Windows 7, 8

Every time Microsoft releases a new version of an operating system, there’s always a few users bitterly unhappy at the company’s decision not to support new features on older products. Microsoft has finally listened to these die-hard devotees of older operating systems. If you felt like Windows 7 and Windows 8 offered you a little too much privacy, rejoice: Microsoft is updating those operating systems with the same telemetry gathering software it deployed on Windows 10.

More shoot yourself in the foot PR from Microsoft!

Im not really sure where you are going with this, or if someone at MS has done you some grave injustice or something.
If you really believe all that you are posting you are probably wearing a tin-foil hat aswell ....
Everyone knows that Google makes their money on Android by collecting ALOT of personal data about its users.
The same for IoS and probably windows 10 aswell (though according to the EULA it seems to be a far cry from the other two).

Its far easier to program for a set hardware configuration, like consoles or apples PCs than it is for your software to be compatible with almost all configurations of hardware. Noone would be dumb enough to even think that OSX is nearly as stable or versatile as Windows.
I can think of a couple of reasons for you not getting any upgrade questions for osX

1. Very few are updating in comparison, alot of OSx users are on far older versions than the latest
2. Very very few people really use OSX - even less in real used time.
3. If something goes wrong, there is a support that loves making money on that problem at apple hq.

New kantar no. for Europe
http://wmpoweruser.com/kantar-numbers-show-windows-phones-continued-growth-europe/

With those no. BMW should think twice about alienating that platform....

Im not really sure where you are going with this, or if someone at MS has done you some grave injustice or something.

Not at all, MS has done the IT industry a great service by marketing a system that needs constant maintenance and repair. It's mind numbing and soul destroying work though.

Contrary to your belief, most OSX users upgrade. The highest share of OSX is always the current version after a few months (Yosemite was released mid October 2014, Mavericks October 2013):

os-x-shares-may-el-cap-100589938-large.idge.jpg

So over 75% of Mac systems are running a system less than 2 years old.

Windows, on the other hand, (Windows 8.1 was released August 2013, 7 was released July 2009, and XP, lol):

WindowsMarketShare2014_11.png

So LESS than 15% of Windows systems are running an OS just over 2 years old, and as many are running a system 14 years old (XP)

Reckon that isn't a support headache!

I33t said:

Not at all, MS has done the IT industry a great service by marketing a system that needs constant maintenance and repair. It's mind numbing and soul destroying work though.

Contrary to your belief, most OSX users upgrade. The highest share of OSX is always the current version after a few months (Yosemite was released mid October 2014, Mavericks October 2013):

os-x-shares-may-el-cap-100589938-large.idge.jpg

So over 75% of Mac systems are running a system less than 2 years old.

Windows, on the other hand, (Windows 8.1 was released August 2013, 7 was released July 2009, and XP, lol):

WindowsMarketShare2014_11.png

So LESS than 15% of Windows systems are running an OS just over 2 years old, and as many are running a system 14 years old (XP)

Reckon that isn't a support headache!

Not really. XP isnt supported anymore.

Windows 10 had more marketshare in 1 week than OSX...go figure.

Statistics can lie, and your pie-charts serve your purpose.

OSX is nothing for the majority, but as always, there are people who buy overpriced stuff with inferior quality and there always will be. Those people often compensate for something =) .

Stop debating that crap now, and back on topic aka. Windows phone!

theo said:
Everyone knows that Google makes their money on Android by collecting ALOT of personal data about its users.
The same for IoS and probably windows 10 aswell (though according to the EULA it seems to be a far cry from the other two).
As a retired Apple software engineer, I can assure you that Apple doesn't make money from selling user data. Apple makes its money selling hardware and is more adamant about user privacy than either Google or Microsoft. I don't know what Microsoft does with user data these days, but the insecurity of its operating systems and software, in general, has allowed huge amounts of user data to be stolen. The Internet would be much more secure if Windows and Internet Explorer were not so popular around the world.

theo said:
Its far easier to program for a set hardware configuration, like consoles or apples PCs than it is for your software to be compatible with almost all configurations of hardware.
True. This is why developing only the software but not the hardware results in so many problems.

theo said:
Noone would be dumb enough to even think that OS X is nearly as stable or versatile as Windows.
Lots of people are smart enough to know that a Unix OS like OS X is much more stable than Windows. Unix has been refined by university computer scientists longer than Microsoft has even been a company. Unix was written with networking built in unlike Windows which until the 1990's required 3rd-party add-ons to implement Windows networking. This legacy has resulted Windows suffering from poor network, and thus Internet, security. Windows needs to be scrapped and rewritten from the bottom up with security as a top priority.

Microsoft used its near-monopoly control of the OS market to emphasize making money over improving its OS. All Windows had to be was "good enough" because it had no real competition due to Microsoft's stranglehold over hardware vendors and Windows users. People don't forget this and are happy to finally have a good alternative to Windows. WP is suffering as a result. PC sales, except for Macs, have been falling for years.

theo said:
1. Very few are updating in comparison, a lot of OSx users are on far older versions than the latest
As I33t pointed out, you are seriously out of touch. Upgrades to OS X have been free for many years unlike Windows, so Mac users tend to update as long as their hardware supports the update. I'm typing this post on a 2008 MacBook that is running the latest version of OS X with no problems which would be unusual for Windows.

theo said:
2. Very very few people really use OS X - even less in real used time.
If you include iOS with OS X since iOS is derived from OS X, and concede that many computer users have abandoned desktops and laptops for tablets and smartphones, the numbers of iOS and OS X users is not trivial as you suggest. The growth curve favors iOS and OS X over Windows at this point with no reason to believe that this will change soon.

theo said:
3. If something goes wrong, there is a support that loves making money on that problem at apple hq.
Not sure what you mean by this. If your Apple product is not working as expected and you live near one of the many Apple Stores in the world, you can take it into a store where you would get free support. But the good news is that Apple hardware and software are much more reliable and much less troublesome than Windows or Windows PC's, so less support is needed.

theo said:
Until WP becomes more popular, BMW doesn't need to be too worried.

theo said:

The pie charts demonstrate that your claim is simply false:

theo said:
1. Very few are updating in comparison, alot of OSx users are on far older versions than the latest

The charts clearly demonstrate that the reverse of your claim is more true. More Apple users upgrade to the current OS version than Windows users. The same occurs for IOS users BTW, there are no impediments to users upgrading their iPhone OS other than some older versions simply cannot run the latest IOS. Android has allowed vendor firmware lock-in to their detriment, no idea if WP has gone down that path. Hopefully, MS has followed the Apple model and isolated vendors from the firmware.

theo said:

Sure, MS rubbed their hands of it, hoping users would drop it. What you really mean XP is out of MS Support. Of course XP is supported by the IT industry. There are major users still on it, and retail IT support has no choice but to support it.

alohart said:
theo said:
As a retired Apple software engineer, I can assure you that Apple doesn't make money from selling user data. Apple makes its money selling hardware and is more adamant about user privacy than either Google or Microsoft. I don't know what Microsoft does with user data these days, but the insecurity of its operating systems and software, in general, has allowed huge amounts of user data to be stolen. The Internet would be much more secure if Windows and Internet Explorer were not so popular around the world.

theo said:
Its far easier to program for a set hardware configuration, like consoles or apples PCs than it is for your software to be compatible with almost all configurations of hardware.
True. This is why developing only the software but not the hardware results in so many problems.

theo said:
Noone would be dumb enough to even think that OS X is nearly as stable or versatile as Windows.
Lots of people are smart enough to know that a Unix OS like OS X is much more stable than Windows. Unix has been refined by university computer scientists longer than Microsoft has even been a company. Unix was written with networking built in unlike Windows which until the 1990's required 3rd-party add-ons to implement Windows networking. This legacy has resulted Windows suffering from poor network, and thus Internet, security. Windows needs to be scrapped and rewritten from the bottom up with security as a top priority.

Microsoft used its near-monopoly control of the OS market to emphasize making money over improving its OS. All Windows had to be was "good enough" because it had no real competition due to Microsoft's stranglehold over hardware vendors and Windows users. People don't forget this and are happy to finally have a good alternative to Windows. WP is suffering as a result. PC sales, except for Macs, have been falling for years.

theo said:
1. Very few are updating in comparison, a lot of OSx users are on far older versions than the latest
As I33t pointed out, you are seriously out of touch. Upgrades to OS X have been free for many years unlike Windows, so Mac users tend to update as long as their hardware supports the update. I'm typing this post on a 2008 MacBook that is running the latest version of OS X with no problems which would be unusual for Windows.

theo said:
2. Very very few people really use OS X - even less in real used time.
If you include iOS with OS X since iOS is derived from OS X, and concede that many computer users have abandoned desktops and laptops for tablets and smartphones, the numbers of iOS and OS X users is not trivial as you suggest. The growth curve favors iOS and OS X over Windows at this point with no reason to believe that this will change soon.

theo said:
Not sure what you mean by this. If your Apple product is not working as expected and you live near one of the many Apple Stores in the world, you can take it into a store where you would get free support. But the good news is that Apple hardware and software are much more reliable and much less troublesome than Windows or Windows PC's, so less support is needed.

theo said:
Until WP becomes more popular, BMW doesn't need to be too worried.

Wow. U sir are one of "those". Stop pesting this thread with nonsense.

You cant factor in Ios in OSX because they are two different OS. They share no compability whatsoever. If you really is a retired [apple]software engineer you would know this basic stuff.
Also, UNIX and Linux are two whole different potatoes and you are false in your claim that all those different distros out there are safer then Windows by default.

And no, according to more serious statistics, far more users are left behind on OSX than you people claim.

BMW should always be worried that someone smarter gets ahead of them, like they did against mercedes in the 90s.
And like Tesla is doing against the entire automotive industry today. So perhaps your retirement as a software engineer has to do with that you yourself dont keep up with the techworld of today?

I own an Iphone (was an early adopter aswell), a few androids and a few WPs. Also i have a serious collection of (GSM)cellphones since my first in the middle of the 90s so i have good knowledge in the area, and ive developed for a few (though not commercially).

I33t said:
theo said:

The pie charts demonstrate that your claim is simply false:

theo said:

The charts clearly demonstrate that the reverse of your claim is more true. More Apple users upgrade to the current OS version than Windows users. The same occurs for IOS users BTW, there are no impediments to users upgrading their iPhone OS other than some older versions simply cannot run the latest IOS. Android has allowed vendor firmware lock-in to their detriment, no idea if WP has gone down that path. Hopefully, MS has followed the Apple model and isolated vendors from the firmware.

theo said:

Sure, MS rubbed their hands of it, hoping users would drop it. What you really mean XP is out of MS Support. Of course XP is supported by the IT industry. There are major users still on it, and retail IT support has no choice but to support it.

Wow. You just dont quit do ya?

I dont see apple support their Mac1 or even earlier IOS anymore and they have been far shorter time in the market.
Your pie charts demonstrate what you want them to. I could as easily prove my point with the likes but its not really like i feel the need to.
Stop buggering this thread and get the xxxx back on topic. That BMW should make an app for WP.

I dont see apple support their Mac1 or even earlier IOS anymore and they have been far shorter time in the market.
Your pie charts demonstrate what you want them to. I could as easily prove my point with the likes but its not really like i feel the need to.
Stop buggering this thread and get the xxxx back on topic. That BMW should make an app for WP.

I'll quit when I can stop having to answer misinformation.

MS does not support XP. Correct. But the IT support industry is still burdened with XP. It remains a significant portion of windows installs. As shown already, MacOS is upgraded by users pretty quickly after a new release.

Contrary to your strange beliefs, IOS and OS X share the same hereditary: Unix.

And Linux is more secure and has no privacy intrusions out of the box. You can view the source code for Linux, much of OS X, and hardly any of Windows.

The i3 runs Linux. BMW tried Windows on their cars and ran away as fast as they could. I doubt they will return.

I33t said:

I'll quit when I can stop having to answer misinformation.

MS does not support XP. Correct. But the IT support industry is still burdened with XP. It remains a significant portion of windows installs. As shown already, MacOS is upgraded by users pretty quickly after a new release.

Contrary to your strange beliefs, IOS and OS X share the same hereditary: Unix.

And Linux is more secure and has no privacy intrusions out of the box. You can view the source code for Linux, much of OS X, and hardly any of Windows.

The i3 runs Linux. BMW tried Windows on their cars and ran away as fast as they could. I doubt they will return.

In germany, there has been a great disbelief in all things american, probably like here in sweden where many are blaming the failing societies on that they copied the American model.
If i remember correct, even german authorities went linux/unix a couple of years ago but was forced back to Windows after they noticed the lack of security and much greater cost of adaptation. Ive been involved in a few companies during my years and i have NEVER heard of any serious company even considering OSX.

OSX is far more prone to malware and viruses (dunno bout ios but its probably there too) than the newer Windows OS:es.
But the least secure OS today in mass market is ....drumroll.....ANDROID, another linux variant. LOL.

I3 running Linux would explain alot.....

There is a Swedish expression for people like you, " du läser denna informationen som fan läser bibeln" , its like, you´re reading the information like the devil is reading the Bible. I will not stoop to your low level anymore. this thread is about WP and the remoteapp, not your second hand crap OS.

theo said:
Wow. U sir are one of "those". Stop pesting this thread with nonsense.
You have exposed me for what I am: one of "those" (whoever they are). Everything you wrote is true and everything that I wrote is false. WP is the greatest gift to mankind which is why so many millions of people use it, and everything that Apple produces is pure junk which is why almost no one uses their products.

BMW has made a horrible mistake by not producing a WP version of iRemote. This mistake will cost BMW so many lost customers that its existence as a business is being threatened. For all of our sakes, we hope that BMW finally sees the light and ports iRemote to WP so that millions of WP users will buy i3's. How could BMW have been so foolish?!

This forum is not the proper place for OS wars, so I will no longer discuss operating systems. Maybe someone will write an Android emulator for WP so that you will be able to run iRemote on your Windows phone.

Theo, kom till Uppsala så att jag kan visa er några saker om OS X och iOS och du kan visa mig några saker om WP och din i3 (tyvärr är vår i3 i Honolulu).

theo said:
OSX is far more prone to malware and viruses (dunno bout ios but its probably there too) than the newer Windows OS:es.

Yep, that's why hardly anyone runs antivirus and antimalware CPU hogs on their Macs. I have never had a call out for a Mac virus infestation, but I have had many hundreds for Windows. Lost count, probably thousands. Helps to pay for my i3 :D

Google runs about 40,000 Macs running OS-X

Agree with alohart.

Latest posts

Back