Worn drivers seat

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nutsucow said:
What has annoyed me though is this, the last trip was driven at 23% and that the gps tracking that was activated has been deactivated..

Is this common practice?

Software updates will reset things to default and the GPS default is "off".

spinball said:
Nutsucow said:
What has annoyed me though is this, the last trip was driven at 23% and that the gps tracking that was activated has been deactivated..

Is this common practice?

Software updates will reset things to default and the GPS default is "off".

Oh right....

Did not know that.

still does not give them the right to drive the car in that fashion though.

Quick update..

Picked up my i3 from the dealers last week and as I left I noticed the brake pedal Vibrated when slowing down, it's now back at the dealers having new discs and pads..along with a side skirt sticker thats come away from the skirt that's on back order.

Had the car now for almost a month and has spent two and a half weeks and counting at the dealers.

Not at all happy.

Nutsucow said:
Quick update..

Picked up my i3 from the dealers last week and as I left I noticed the brake pedal Vibrated when slowing down, it's now back at the dealers having new discs and pads..along with a side skirt sticker thats come away from the skirt that's on back order.

Had the car now for almost a month and has spent two and a half weeks and counting at the dealers.

Not at all happy.

Yours is not a common situation, but it is also far from rare.......

WoodlandHills said:
Nutsucow said:
Quick update..

Not at all happy.

Yours is not a common situation, but it is also far from rare.......

I may be tempting fate here but I am feeling lucky so far, had the car for 6 weeks with no issues...

Well, what seems like several months now bmw are now taking back the I3 as its still at the dealers awaiting parts..

Its been nothing short of problematic unfortunately for me! So i have decided to get another one that is in there group stock.

Fingers crossed all ends well.....

I hope.

Nutsucow said:
Well, what seems like several months now bmw are now taking back the I3 as its still at the dealers awaiting parts..

Its been nothing short of problematic unfortunately for me! So i have decided to get another one that is in there group stock.

I hope.

Sorry to hear, hopefully new one will be more typical and trouble free...

Nutsucow said:

I hope.

This is another example of the sort of build quality issues BMW are having with the i3. Some i3s are screwed together just fine, but it sure seems that a high percentage have real problems. Look back in the archives here and this is not the first i3 to be taken back by a dealer by a long shot.

How many participants are here on the forum? Maybe 40-50. BMW sold 935 i3's last month in the USA. How can you say a big percentage have problems? A forum tends to attract those that DO have a problem, so they are over represented.

Anything manufactured by man will be imperfect...some more so than others.

jadnashuanh said:
How many participants are here on the forum? Maybe 40-50. BMW sold 935 i3's last month in the USA. How can you say a big percentage have problems? A forum tends to attract those that DO have a problem, so they are over represented.

Anything manufactured by man will be imperfect...some more so than others.

Valid point, but forums also attract diehard fans. And vast majority of owners simply aren't on forums for good or for bad. So any statistic here are probably skewed in all directions.

I base this on my experience with the U.S. introduction of another new car and car company: smart. Sure they sold a lot more cars in the first year than the i3, but as far as reports on the forums there were very, very few cars being taken back by the dealer or by smart. None as far as I can recall. There were no widespread issues like with the high voltage cables, the motor mounts, the fuel pressure senders, the whooping tires and of course, the KLEs.

In fact, compared to the i3, the smart forums were boring: nothing ever went wrong with them! There were lots of complaints about the horrible transmission, but none about them breaking. Even though it was a new chassis and power train in an unusual configuration, the dealers seemed to have no problems servicing them or getting parts. There have been many threads posted here of i3 owners having to wait days and even weeks for parts.

Where there is smoke, there is fire and there is a lot of smoke blowing around this issue in here and I do not mean all of the smoke BMW blew up our butts about the i3!

<<<How many participants are here on the forum? Maybe 40-50.>>>>

There are 2158 registered members. Certainly many more than 40-50 have posted

Ron

cove3 said:
<<<How many participants are here on the forum? Maybe 40-50.>>>>

There are 2158 registered members. Certainly many more than 40-50 have posted

Ron
Actively posting, it's nowhere near that amount. Most people just read. It tends to be people that have problems that post.

If you click on members, you not only get a list, you can click on # posts sorted high to low or low to high. 175 have 25 or more posts and 113 have more than 50 posts

Ron

And, how many have posted in the last month? People come and go. A few stick around. But, in the thousands of i3s that have been sold in the USA and Europe, the people here are a very small percentage of owners.

Back