Cruise control option

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marki3

It would be nice at times where the sunlight etc or traffic conditions make the active cruise challenging, to be able to just default to a standard set speed cruise control. Would be an easy option to add via software change... maybe a double click of the set button defaults to standard cruise.

Marki3 said:
It would be nice at times where the sunlight etc or traffic conditions make the active cruise challenging, to be able to just default to a standard set speed cruise control. Would be an easy option to add via software change... maybe a double click of the set button defaults to standard cruise.

Page 109 in the owners manual (at least in my BEV with Active stop/go option).

I haven't been able to find this in the owner's manual, and our i3 is at the dealer right now getting the software update, but I think we already have the ability to turn the distance control off. Try pressing and holding either of the distance adjustment buttons on the steering wheel.

Oh, I just saw the other post pointing us to page 109 of the owner's manual. There it is. You turn active cruise control off by pressing and holding either distance adjustment button, and turn it back on again with a short press of either distance adjustment button.

Page 109 in the owners manual (at least in my BEV with Active stop/go option).[/quote]

Thanks. I searched the manual on my phone and must not have hit the right keywords. Makes sense they did include that feature.

Back