Insurance warranty for the battery part only on a 2014 i3

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liscan2000

Hello Everyone. Just purchased insurance to cover every single thing through the Endurance 5 star warranty company for my used 2014 bmwi3 today. Was happy with my quote and all it came with and included if something goes wrong. However, it doesn't cover the battery, any battery part of it, so hoping you can help! Is there such a thing as purchasing battery only insurance for this type of car? I would never be able to afford a new 6 cell battery if that went bad on me. This is worrisome, especially since I purchased the Bmw with over 100, 000 miles already. Suggestions? How much do these batteries now cost anyway?

Just got my battery replaced under warranty and the service advisor showed me the parts list for the warranty claim and it came out to over $30k.

If you’re in CA or other states that comply with CA rules, the battery is warranted for 10yrs/150k mi. See owners manual for details.

Hi. Thanks for your response. Which company/ insurance plan paid out that claim if you dont mind me asking? I purchased my 2014 BMW i3 without warranty in Arizona. It has over 100, 000 miles on it, 120 to be exact. I had to purchase an after market warranty on it through Endurance which covers everything except the cell battery because dealership ine was outrageously high!!!!
The Endurance policy is excellent and very affordable except no battery coverage!

Now I am scrambling to find the cell battery part of it coverage but no one seems to do that. If you do not mind my asking everyone out there what Insurance covers the battery part only out there, or is there even such a thing? Any other suggestions on what or how to replace the battery if needed where it is not going to costs me more than the car??? I am new to the BMW scene/ car so this worrys me.

My car was still under the 8yr/100k mi warranty from BMW (7yrs/96k miles). Not sure if anyone sells an extended warranty that covers our batteries.

Under emmissiins laws for everyone in CA, CT, ME, MD, MA, NJ ,NY,RI and VT....I'm guessing we have 10yrs and 150k mi. (Per the owners manual).

Not sure about AZ...if the car started its life in one of these states you may be able to argue a claim or maybe see if you can get warranty work done in CA.

From the owners manual under the emissions warranty section:

Manufacturer’s Warranty Coverage
(California, Connecticut, Maine,
Maryland, Massachusetts, New
Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, or
Vermont ONLY):
– For 15 years or 150,000 miles, whichever
occurs first**:
**Except High-Voltage Battery (Traction Battery),
which is covered for 10 years, or 150,000 miles,
whichever occurs first.

rcyyan said:
Manufacturer’s Warranty Coverage
(California, Connecticut, Maine,
Maryland, Massachusetts, New
Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, or
Vermont ONLY):GBWhatsApp APK
– For 15 years or 150,000 miles, whichever
occurs first**:
**Except High-Voltage Battery (Traction Battery),
which is covered for 10 years, or 150,000 miles,
whichever occurs first.
Isn't the BMW battery warranty is eight years or 160,000km, whichever comes first (for BMW’s plug-in hybrid range)?

Back