oldbillygoat

Canada

I’m off to see my local [only] BMW dealer tomorrow to find out if they are even going to sell the i3. Has anyone in other parts of Canada heard when the i3 will be sold in their cities?
oldbillygoat

Re: Canada

Well , I just got off the phone with the Winnipeg BMW dealership's sales manager and he gave the bad news: there will only be 3 dealerships in Canada selling the i3 and they will be in Montreal, Toronto, and either Calgary or Edmonton. I have been put on a list and he will update me monthly. Since I will need a servicing dealer he doesn't recommend trucking one in for me.

Quite upsetting as I have pretty much decided that I was going to buy one as soon as I could. Hopefully they will be available here in time for the 2015 models
marta

Seems funny. Not even one on the West Coast, and that's where Tesla has the Mexico to Canada supercharged highway.
TomMoloughney
Site Admin

Don't get too discouraged just yet. I am sure you will have local purchasing options.
Tom Moloughney
MINI-E: (6/09 - 1/12)
BMW ActiveE: (1/12 - 5/14)
BMW i3 REx: (5/14- 6/17)
BMW i3s BEV (1/18- )

My i3 Blog:
http://bmwi3.blogspot.com
oldbillygoat

The sales manager was quite sure of the Toronto and Montreal sites, but not so sure of the Alberta site. There are no Federal incentives for buying a BEV in Canada, but three provinces [states] do give incentives, Quebec, Ontario, and British Columbia so it would make sense that the third dealer will be on the west coast.

I sure hope Birchwood BMW of Winnipeg will be selling i3's in a year or so. I’m not too happy, but I guess I’ll be looking at a Leaf for now. Also any other BEV’s available locally.
lturcotte

Went to Laval dealer for a road test, yesterday

Today, the dealer receive their allocation for June delivery
Just Placed my order for an I3+Rex,
Ionic Silver,
Lodge
techno package
19"
SmartElectric

oldbillygoat wrote:I’m off to see my local [only] BMW dealer tomorrow to find out if they are even going to sell the i3. Has anyone in other parts of Canada heard when the i3 will be sold in their cities?
Just saw one a few days ago being thrashed around a corner at high speed, all four wheels squealing...it was a few KM from a BMW dealer, so presumably a spirited test drive!

It's not just Toronto, a dealer north of Toronto has them listed:
http://www.tcbmw.com/buildandprice/sele ... #step1Menu

Wow, $45K list! The only options listed that I don't already have on my 2014 Smart Electric Drive are navigation, adjustable steering wheel, auto-dim mirror. I did get the clear roof panel on my Smart, so that is the one thing that the i3 listed above didn't have.

I paid $19K all-in (taxed and rebates). So I could buy two Smarts for the price of an i3... sounds about right, the i3 is innovative and modern, seats 4 and I like that it is differentiated from other BMW's, so owners will like that!

Congrats on your purchase!
i3burlington

Fast charging

Does anyone know if BMW canada intends to install fast chargers at dealer sites?

If they did, this would be enough for me to get the fast charger option.

... Rob
simple

lturcotte wrote:Went to Laval dealer for a road test, yesterday

Today, the dealer receive their allocation for June delivery
Just Placed my order for an I3+Rex,
Ionic Silver,
Lodge
techno package
19"
Are winter tires available now. Do you know how much is it of a set of four with rims.
buickanddeere

That is 238Km or 148 miles one way to the Markham BMW dealer :cry: . Long way to go for service. 166Km/103miles to the London Dealer when they stock the i3...........someday?

Return to “Local / Regional Discussions”