200 UK orders

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gaz26

Must admit I would have thought BMW would have sold more than this. Maybe the UK won't be a big market for them. Half as many i8's sold.

I still think BMW has the pricing wrong and they will have to support volume by better finance deals once early adopters have their cars

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/bmw/i8/77189/bmw-i8-price-revealed

gaz26 said:
Must admit I would have thought BMW would have sold more than this. Maybe the UK won't be a big market for them. Half as many i8's sold.

I still think BMW has the pricing wrong and they will have to support volume by better finance deals once early adopters have their cars

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/bmw/i8/77189/bmw-i8-price-revealed

There were between 8000-9000 pre orders for the i3 in Europe alone. This article seems to be misleading.

In Norway there are over 1000 pre orders!
Norway is by far the leading "consumers" of electric cars with a 3% market
I think UK have something like 0.1%?

Well 200 orders are very moderate considering the UK population and the i3 enthousiasm on this forum! Compared to Norway (1000 orders, confirmed by BMW?) and Holland (many more orders than the 250 scheduled deliveries in '13, confirmed by my dealer), the UK does not seem to be considered a key launch market by BMW ;) Apparantly, rightly so if the figures are correct!

i3me said:
Well 200 orders are very moderate considering the UK population and the i3 enthousiasm on this forum! Compared to Norway (1000 orders, confirmed by BMW?) and Holland (many more orders than the 250 scheduled deliveries in '13, confirmed by my dealer), the UK does not seem to be considered a key launch market by BMW ;) Apparantly, rightly so if the figures are correct!

Agree UK will not be a big market. Poor charging infrastructure, poor UK road surface/ hard ride, high leasing cost and so many good small diesel cars. New Mini launched today looks amazing value next to the i3. I recall BMW wants to sell c4000 cars a year in UK. I doubt they will do more than 2000 unless they discount price.

It sounds very low to me. It seems new buyers are being offered delivery dates of november/december this year which does not really square with these figures.

Perhaps it relates to cars delivered already?

Back