Adaptive LED headlights

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 'Agent' at the UK dealer I just visited said even with this [£710] option, you still get halogen lights for the main beam.

Check out this other thread. Page 12. We had a long debate about replacement Xenon effect/LED bulbs for the main beam and what 'adaptive' means for LED. Pictures of the headlamp assemblies and also the self levelling. I have not been able to find anything on the left/right swivel except that the LEDs light a phosphor material the light from which then is shaped. So all in the beam unit itself no actual motorised swivel of the unit.

http://www.mybmwi3.com/forum/viewto...hilit=LED+headlights&bookmark=1&hash=1f9cbce2

I made an amendment to my order yesterday and before signing the amnded order I checked it line by line against the original to make sure nothing had changed that shouldn't have changed. The only thing that caught my eye was that the literal description against 5A2 had dropped the word adaptive and just said LED headlights. The price hadn't changed so it looks to me like the adaptive LED headlights were only ever LED headlights.

I haven't checked the small print but I should have expected that the order would be the contractually binding legal document, so that whilst there are get-outs for errors in the brochure and web site BMW need to get the order right and have amended it. If so I'm surprised that they haven't also changed it to say 'LED dipped headlights'.

Anyway, if I'm right, having signed an amended order form I will no longer have any comeback if the LEDs are not adaptive.

...they have vertical 'adaption'. ;-). I have some recollection that when HID/xenons came it that it was mandatory to have a self levelling device so that loaded vehicles didn't blind people. Rather than the manual levelling.

Back