Are the Europe servers down again...

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RJSATLBA

... or do I need a telematics reset?

Since yesterday lunch time,whenever I check iRemote, status goes to 'updating' then returns 'Last update: (yesterday) 13:30' but since then I've done 6 legs, out and back 3x, plugging in and recharging each time I return.

Thanks for the replies but bizarrely BMW tell me there is indeed a problem. Called iSupport yesterday after no updates for over 24 hours as I have a 600 mile round trip Fri/Sat/Sun with some CYC fast charging in public car parks planned when Ecotricity CCS points don't link up, so need to be able to monitor SoC remotely to know when I have sufficient range for next leg.

iSupport transferred me to the ConnectedDrive team who advised me to unload/reload the app and if that didn't work to book in to my dealer. It didn't work, no surprise as I was pretty sure the app was communicating OK, so called late yesterday pm to book and was offered 4 Dec, my 'disappointment' resulted in a supposed conversation with the manager and a 'can you bring it in tomorrow first thing and leave it with us' booking.

So I get there at 8am and it only takes the service adviser about 5 mins to consult a technician and come back to tell me they are already on the same case with another i3 and there is nothing wrong with the car, it's a server issue or possibly something caused by a combination of two issues. Two hours wasted to say nothing of the time wasted yesterday.

Surely the ConnectedDrive team should have been able to tell me this. Disappointing service from them if my dealer is correct.

Is anyone else in the UK having problems again. My app is showing a last update of 21:00 on Wed and I'm getting the 'Unable to establish a connection between the vehicle and BMW Connectedi' message when I try to precondition.

Last time the service came back of its own accord, as my dealer said it would, en route on the following Sat. Unfortunately one of the effects seems to be that my statistics on the app are now corrupt as it has treated all the mileage done without a connection between car and BMW as petrol mileage and I did about 300 miles, part electric and part petrol (due to the number of u/s Ecotricity chargers at the time).

Is the data static? IOW, is the accumulated miles reported via the app staying exactly the same over days? If so, to me at least, it sounds like the Telemetrics module is in a fault loop. See if you can get BMW to reset your account, and if that doesn't help, try removing and replacing fuse F115...that will force the telemetrics unit to do a reboot. After a couple of weeks of back and forth with BMW, that is what it took to resolve my communications issue. Note, the dealer took the rear seat off and removed the plug from the module then reinstalled it. I afterwards got him to look up which fuse powers that module, and that's where I got the F115. I have only had this happen once, and rebooting the telemetrics unit 'fixed' the problem. It was very evident...it would not work, he unplugged it and reinstalled things, and my phone app then worked.

Personally, I think some of it is server issues, but I also believe, at least in the USA software version (may be the same on this elsewhere as well), that there's a bug, and some unusual set of circumstances will cause it to lock up and not be able to recover except on a reboot.

Proceed at your own risk, though.

Back