Benchmark Test

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparky17

I go the the Mall of New Hampshire almost every day (mall walker). Park in the same place. About 22 miles round trip. When I first got my electric Smart Car, I hypermiled there and back at 65 to 70 degrees running nothing extra. I did this a few times. My best was 22 miles using 18% of the battery capacity (82% SOC remaining). I also did this shortly before turning the car in. It was leased. I got the same result. So, as far as I could tell, it had lost no capacity in a year and a half and two very hard New Hampshire Winters. I always did everything I knew about to treat the battery pack as well as possible. The Smart Car had no provision to precondition the battery for departure time using EVSE power.

I did the same test this morning with the i3 with range extender. I preconditioned it first while it was still plugged in. It did the 22 miles using 17% of capacity (83% SOC remaining). It will be interesting to see if the battery in the Beemer holds up as well as the one in the Smart Car when I run the same test in 2 years.

MFNATIK said:
promise you will come back and update this post in a year, then 2 years? hhaha

Lord willin' and the creek don't rise. Might be new posts, though, rather than trying to find this one after a year, then two.

Back