BMW “Service due” email wrong – UK

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McDuff

Our 22 i3 is due its first service in July, but I have twice received “service due” emails from my local dealer. I complained the first time and the dealer call centre (Vertu) informed me that the date came from BMW and that they’d correct it. Now I’ve had a second email with the same message. And the service booking calendar doesn’t extend to July.

Anyone else had this problem?

One of the things that occurs to me is that it may be a car that (for whatever reason) had a significant delay between production and when it was actually sold/registered. Have you checked one of the online VIN checkers to see what the production date is? IIRC BMW use this as the basis for servicing, not the date of first registration.

Yes, I understood that: we received the car in September, but the service is due in July. But the emails say “now” :)

I think VW is similar - IIRC they send me a reminder to book my T5 in for a service many months before it's due. I guess it's all to do with cashflow - if they can persuade a significant proportion to book just a couple of months early, it's more money in this year's books = better bonus for the top management?

I think VW is similar - IIRC they send me a reminder to book my T5 in for a service many months before it's due. I guess it's all to do with cashflow - if they can persuade a significant proportion to book just a couple of months early, it's more money in this year's books = better bonus for the top management?
I understand that, but I'm a little miffed that they think that I might be that stupid :)

Back