BMW i Born Electric New York Event

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomMoloughney

Jose Guerrero of BMW i explains the features of concept i3:
BETour15.jpg

i have missed the opportunity to go and see the Born Electric event in Dusseldorf (Germany), but could read a good covering of it on the website "http://www.bimmertoday.de/category/project-i/".
what i saw there, was a 'Life-Module-Roof' made out of carbon? i thought that the roof would be out of glass to create the spacious environment!
Marmot

Thanks for sharing! I see it's still the same version of the BMW i3 concept as seen before... can't wait to see what the show us at the LA Auto Show!

Wow! the BMW i3 concept looks spectacular! However, how is BMW going to make the BMW electric vehicle cover 100 miles after charging for only 3 hours!? Is this really possible?

I tend to have similar concerns like you Robert. Could someone please explain the technical details about the charging and the performance of the BMW i3. Or better still can someone please refer us to somewhere where else other than the BMW i3 forum where we can get more information about the electric car.

Well yes you will be able to recharge in 3 hours or more like 3.5hours. Nissan Leaf charges in 7-8 hours and it's 24kw with 3.3kw on board system. If you increase to 6.6kw on board then you decrease charging time by half. So down to 3.5h- since i3 will have 22kw (so less to charge)- then I guess you can say 3hours charging time. Btw Ford Focus Ev has 6.6kw now, Nissan Leaf will have it next year. i3 will have it once it will be ready.

Back