BMW i3 Concept and BMW i8 race into Olympic Park

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klaus

If you happen to be going to the Olympics in London, make sure you stop by the BMW Pavilion. BMW is showing off the i range of concept cars including the BMW i8 and the BMW i3 MegaCity vehicles.

bmw-i3-i8-olympic-park-2.jpg

The BMW Pavilion will be free to enter once you're in the Olympic Park, and visitors will be able to see the new electric vehicles up close.
The BMW i3 Concept - dubbed the Mega City Vehicle during the development phase - is a four seater 100% electric vehicle that is expected to launch in 2013. The BMW i3 offers a futuristic, green, and silent driving experience. While there won't be an i3 hybrid, BMW says there will be a range-extender option with a gasoline powered engine that won't power the wheels, but will charge the battery pack which will in turn drive the vehicle with it's electric motor.

bmw-i3-i8-olympic-park-1.jpg

Although the i3 concept looks very much like a concept, BMW is still holding that about 85 percent of the current design will stay even once it hits the road. The glass doors will have to change in order to meet safety standards, but the spacious interior with no center console will stay the same.

bmw-i3-i8-olympic-park-6.jpg

Wish I could be in London Olympics. The BMW i3 looks really great and it must've got quite a publicity there.

Latest posts

Back