BMWi Smart Charging App

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmatero

The iPhone i Remote app links to "BMWi Smart Charging". It let's you login and then asks for a promotion code. The details say the app is available for BMWi vehicles 2015 and newer. It's not on the app store. Did they abandon the idea?

jmatero said:
The iPhone i Remote app links to "BMWi Smart Charging". It let's you login and then asks for a promotion code. The details say the app is available for BMWi vehicles 2015 and newer. It's not on the app store. Did they abandon the idea?

I think it depends where you are. Most of the stuff offered to i3 owners about charging works through the Chargepoint and Plugshare apps better than anything else or at least so I've seen.

One thing I noticed is that in the iRemote app the screen that says the car is locked and the lights are off is not always true. I know this because I was sitting in the car while I was looking at it. I've never been able to get it to say anything other than that the lights are off, the trunk is closed and the car is locked. Weird but I supposed you could always use the app to lock the car if you weren't sure because I know that works.

dannyh said:
the i remote asks for a login and password, can't find a place to create a login for that. Any clue?
Your dealer should have registered you and given that information to you. Press the call button on your car and ask them to help you set it up if your dealer can't help (they should!).

thanks! I figured out myself, it works fine now... With the time departure, does it work well? Do I need a Wall charger that delays charging? or is safe with i Remote app?

Care to share or pm me your solution. BMW i customer service says that the BMW Smart Charging part of the iremote app is only accessible for the early nauts. They wouldn't give me a Promo Code :(
Seems if your going to promote an app and encourage us to use it, that it should be fully functioning.

Hopefully the near future. It's been 2 years. I don't think that any of the nauts would care.

Back