CA White HOV Stickers & Mtn. View BMW

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arlorose

Anyone here get a BEV i3 from Mountain View BMW?

If so, did they handle your HOV sticker request for you?

I swear when I was doing my financial paperwork they put the request in, she even told me that I can't drive in the HOV lane until I get the stickers (which came up as I was signing the form). But... its been a month and a half, and while I have plates, I don't have the HOV stickers.

When I contacted my sales advisor, she said they don't do sticker ordering, and I needed to call the DMV to check (why couldn't they just ask the finance people?).

Worst case I'll spend $8 and do the form over, but I'd rather find out if they just got lost (which is totally normal for the crappy mail service in my area).

arlorose said:

I swear when I was doing my financial paperwork they put the request in, she even told me that I can't drive in the HOV lane until I get the stickers (which came up as I was signing the form). But... its been a month and a half, and while I have plates, I don't have the HOV stickers.

When I contacted my sales advisor, she said they don't do sticker ordering, and I needed to call the DMV to check (why couldn't they just ask the finance people?).

Worst case I'll spend $8 and do the form over, but I'd rather find out if they just got lost (which is totally normal for the crappy mail service in my area).

I bought my REX there and they couldn't do the sticker application because it requires assigned license plates. Same rules for white and green stickers according to the DMV site.

canuckjc said:
arlorose said:

I bought my REX there and they couldn't do the sticker application because it requires assigned license plates. Same rules for white and green stickers according to the DMV site.
Cool, thanks for the sanity check. Mailing in my application in the AM.

I initially thought my dealer would do the stickers also because I signed a DMV form about license plates and stickers. But then I realized that standard form refers to the month/year stickers issued with the plates. The owner must apply for the HOV stickers after the plates have been issued.

Back