Can you Drift a BMW i3?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Isn't there an off for the traction control in the settings menu? I'm still amazed at the grip those 155/175mm tires offer.

GranTourer said:
Isn't there an off for the traction control in the settings menu? I'm still amazed at the grip those 155/175mm tires offer.

Yes, but it's not really off - that selection only enables DTC mode. I don't believe anyone has come up with a solution (via coding or otherwise) to actually disable it yet.

Isn't there a "dyno mode?" That usually turns off all traction control (but perhaps not lateral stability control). It's generally bad to have random automated braking while strapped down on the dyno.....

Chrisn said:
Isn't there a "dyno mode?" That usually turns off all traction control (but perhaps not lateral stability control). It's generally bad to have random automated braking while strapped down on the dyno.....

There is a "roller test" mode that can be enabled in the service menu, which seems to be for dyno use. According to the documentation, the car will exit the mode when it detects that the car is being driven, so it doesn't appear to be a solution for auto-x/track use.

Back