Charging locations stored in nav system

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomMoloughney

I'm sure most people know this, but I bet many don't. The i3 stored the location you charge in every time you plug in. You can find the locations in the "Last Charging Stations" directory. This is a useful feature if you every need to find a charging station that you previously used but forget exactly where it is, but you also need to remember all of your charging sessions are automatically stored in iDrive.

That is the case if you ever get an i3 loaner from the dealership, and some people may want to delete the addresses where they charged before returning the loaner. Since most people charge at home, the exact coordinates of your house is stored unless you delete it. I just wanted to make sure everybody knows this so I did a blog post about it:

http://bmwi3.blogspot.com/2015/02/where-are-you-going-where-have-you-been.html

Charging%2BLocations3.jpg

I'm sure most people know this, but I bet many don't. The i3 stored the location you charge in every time you plug in. You can find the locations in the "Last Charging Stations" directory. This is a useful feature if you every need to find a charging station that you previously used but forget exactly where it is, but you also need to remember all of your charging sessions are automatically stored in iDrive.

That is the case if you ever get an i3 loaner from the dealership, and some people may want to delete the addresses where they charged before returning the loaner. Since most people charge at home, the exact coordinates of your house is stored unless you delete it. I just wanted to make sure everybody knows this so I did a blog post about it:

http://bmwi3.blogspot.com/2015/02/where-are-you-going-where-have-you-been.html

Charging%2BLocations3.jpg
Do you know at all why my history is showing up an unknown home address the next road down that I don’t know of or use? How could this happen?

Do you know at all why my history is showing up an unknown home address the next road down that I don’t know of or use? How could this happen?
I had the same situation as yours

I think this is the time you need to have a serious talk with your spouse

:)

Back