Connected Drive Setup Time

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamie94bc

Does anyone know how long it takes for the connected drive stuff to be setup? Looks to be a manual process so I'm hoping perhaps tomorrow (I only picked up the car on Saturday... little bit impatient!)

We picked up the car on a Saturday and we're told 2 days. I waited until Wednesday to call the dealer and hey presto it arrived 10 minutes later - somebody somewhere forgot to send it.

Atommad said:
We picked up the car on a Saturday and we're told 2 days. I waited until Wednesday to call the dealer and hey presto it arrived 10 minutes later - somebody somewhere forgot to send it.
Hmmm was expecting a text the same day so registered online... still nothing.

Just spoke to a BMW i genius... apparently it takes 48 hours (working days). So if you picked up your car over the weekend, they'd start processing it Monday morning.

Don't know about you in the UK.
But here in Belgium, ConnctedDrive is not operational for the moment : according to BMWi Belgium, there is a problem with the servers in Munich. No security code is sent to car, hence no registration is possible on the ConnectedDrive portal. And no iRemote, of course.
They (the Belgians) promised that they (the Germans) will fix it this week.
Cheers

Back