Current Software Version

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arlorose

I'm starting this, having no idea what the most recent version is. Thought it would be worthwhile to have a single place (maybe pinned?) to look and see what the latest known version is for reference when talking to service advisors.

I'm taking my BEV in to have them clear a fault code for vehicle prep, and I'd love to know what SW is current so I know to ask for an update while I'm there.

Good idea, but i think that when this has been discussed previously no one could find their software version(s). :!:

designreality said:
I would try to find it but my cars in the dealers getting fault fixed :lol:

Hi. From my recent charge regulator replacement, and a chat with the i3 mechanic, it seems that the i3 has several modules each with their own software, and I guess an overall management unit which interfaces to you and me through pedals and screen.

My thought is... There is not one single software version, but a multitude of software distributed around the car systems.

That is, I think, standard BMW practice if my experience of 5 series is representative.

One of the reasons for the length of update is that if they change a component and it has a new software version, uprated, then they have to uprate all the other components to match to achieve a 'tested' approved revision level. If one component is at back level there could be issues.

Bit like driver compatibility in OS systems.

I have a picture of the phone software version. That is update-able via USB key or over the net.

In the 5 series there is a cheat to get into the maintenance menu. I'll go find that on the F10 forum

Back