Dash Sensor for open battery charging flap

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DHP

When I use the occasional use charger, I end up folding and putting away the charger (because I don't want the handle to drag on the ground) and forget that the flap is still open. I end up driving along until I notice it or someone honks at me. A sensor that tells you it's still open on the dash would be great. Never have the problem using the level 2 EVSE as I can put away the handle with one hand and close the flap with the other and never forget.

That's happened to me twice now! Always at work where they don't have a Level 2 charger but occasionally will allow me to plug into an outlet. I've done this a few times now, and it must be that I go around the car then forget to close the cap. Both times I thought someone wanted to ask me a question about the car, but they were just trying to alert me of the open flap. Quite embarrassing, especially since I've never really done this on cars previously.

Back