Dealer taking $15K off new unregistered 2014 Giga Worlds?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Backed off my deal at Tulsa too. No Rex, no fast DC charger, a year less warranty and couldn't get it under 30k before tax credit... Pass. The search continues.

I'm in Chicago, and had a heck of a time getting a local deal here? I was shopping earlier this year, and I wanted 25% off a '14. I found a great giga/tech/parking for around $40K(about 8K off, and I offered $36K), and they wouldn't do it. I ended up having a vehicle shipped up from Nashville - I got it for $33,200 - $4875(lease credit) with the 63% residual at $700 less than cap cost, or $92/mo. I didn't get any options I wanted, but for a two year test drive, I'm definitely enjoying it. Given that it doesn't have the options I wanted, I'm trying to figure out if I'll take a lowball offer to keep the car or let it go.

I'm a little upset that BMW can't bring traffic jam assist to America. We just picked up a '16 MDX that drives itself on the freeway - it keeps track of the lane and steers over 45 MPH, and follows the car ahead like ACC. What weirds me out is that BMW (in europe) limits TJA to UNDER 45 and Acura's lane keep assist works ABOVE 45? What gives?

Maybe by my lease end in 2017, BMW will bring a pano roof, better automated driving, etc. over the pond.

Almost 2,000 miles since taking delivery of my 2014 Giga/Ionic Silver (every option including fast charge, HK, park and traffic assist, but no REX) and have enjoyed every trouble-free mile. Purchase price was $32K, over $17K off and all before BMW CCA rebate (submitted) and $7,500 Federal Tax credit.

Passing along my good fortune. My dealership contacted me, they have a 2014 Mega/Solar Orange REX for sale, never registered. MSRP $47K+, asking $29,900.

Email me if interested, car is in Illinois. My car was delivered from Chicago to metro Detroit area, free of charge. I did take delivery at 10 at night, but dropped off at my driveway.

This seems like a very good deal. Judging by the price, it is in a bare bones model, and I'd like to get a car similar to yours. My local dealer has a 2014 Mega Rex, but they registered it as a demo, so no federal rebate despite the less than 100 miles on the odometer. They made me an "incredible" offer of $37k :shock: When I pointed out that I could by a brand new 2015 at MSRP and still spend less, they quoted me a new car, but wouldn't discuss reducing the price on the 2014. I don't know what they are waiting for.

I would really like to know what dealers expect to happen with these leftover 2014s that not only can't be leased through BMWFS anymore, but we are also getting every closer to the official announcement of (slightly) more range in 2016 models.

My guess is dealers are not yet comprehending how the nascent EV market is different from Ye Olde ICE cars that don't change much year-to-year. They are in for a very rude awakening IMO unless there's some deal where BMW AG eats it instead of the dealer.

jacqueusi said:
Almost 2,000 miles since taking delivery of my 2014 Giga/Ionic Silver (every option including fast charge, HK, park and traffic assist, but no REX) and have enjoyed every trouble-free mile. Purchase price was $32K, over $17K off and all before BMW CCA rebate (submitted) and $7,500 Federal Tax credit.

Passing along my good fortune. My dealership contacted me, they have a 2014 Mega/Solar Orange REX for sale, never registered. MSRP $47K+, asking $29,900.

Email me if interested, car is in Illinois. My car was delivered from Chicago to metro Detroit area, free of charge. I did take delivery at 10 at night, but dropped off at my driveway.

The car you're talking about is technically new, but it was used as a demo and has 7,000 miles on it. I passed on it.

beegee227, congratulations!

For those of you still on the lookout, using a combination of Google maps and visiting dealer website, on my first three tries I found two dealership in the Ohio area with 2014s REXs in stock. Pretty loaded up, maybe now is the time to ask for $17-$20K off? Dave Walter BMW for example has eight 2015 i3s in stock, and on 2014.

http://www.davewalterbmw.com/VehicleSearchResults?search=new&location=&bodyType=&make=BMW&model=&trim=&minYear=&maxYear=&maxPrice=

BMW Cleveland, three i3s, one is a 2014 REX.

http://www.bmwcleveland.com/all-inventory/index.htm?search=i3

Good hunting!

I am in Cincinnati and The BMW Store has 8 2015 i3s and 1 2014 REX. I asked about the 2014 and they said only $4,500 of the $7,500 tax credit was available on it (not sure I understand that) and that the deals were much better on the 2015s. I am starting an extended test drive of a 2015 this evening and will discuss the 2014 while I am there.

They show the 2014 as "Was $47,025" (presume MSRP?) and "Our Price $40,990" on the website.

BMW of Cincinnati North (formerly Jake Sweeney) shows 8 i3s in inventory. 7 are 2015s (description of 4 are REX; other 3 don't say REX but I didn't check).

The other is a 2014 REX that shows "Was 47,050" and "Sweeney Price $37,997" so they are STARTING at almost 20% off sticker! Not sure about availability of tax credit OR in-service date for warranty purposes. May go check it out at lunch.

Couldn't find any new 2014s on the East Coast between VA and CT. A dealer in Philly listed one on their site, but it was an error, the car is 2015.

Back